Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcrist0828 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 09:20 AM
    Not Guilty
    My sister has filed a harassment charges against me. This has been going on for years, we really have no love loss, she is extremely hard to get along with, controlling and argues with everyone. The only ones in the entire family that talk to her is my grandma and father. Her son left her house and moved in with me at 18. Wow, life has not been the same. She has called and emailed some pretty nasty stuff to me and my nephew, plus emailed his new school about me allowing things like drugs and alcohol (never), email the college he was going to apply for and told them a bunch of lies about me, him and his girlfriend (how currently attends there). I did respond (I know I shouldn't have) but always encouraged her to fix things with her son. We had no contact after the police said don't contact her and In my last email I told her to not contact my home again in September. Out of the blue she emails me on 12-21 complaining about my nephew having a C. I said I would talk to him. I thought everything was fine and I emailed her concerning tax stuff and her dropping my nephews health care... things got heated and I finally sent her a notarized guardianship letter... she called the state police. I know I guilty of some things but she contacted me first on December 21st? I'm waiting for my citation in the mail. I think I should plead NOT GUILTY?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 05:52 PM

He's 18. Why would his mother keep hounding you about her son? Things would be different if he was say 16. Why did you get a guardianship paperwork on him in the first place?

Also, change your email and your phone number if you wish no further contact with her. Inform her via a letter that she can contact you and her son only via letter from now on and keep it that way.

He needs to inform his present school not to discuss his grades or anything else with his mother as he is an adult and she is not paying his college tuition. (at least I hope she isn't).

Steer clear of her altogether.

Have you contacted the courts to see if anything was filed against you in this matter?

Why would she call the State Police on you? I don't understand her actions at all.
    mcrist0828 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 08:00 PM

She is nuts with control. The reason she contacts the school is in PA parents have educational rights until 21. I have fought this even with a guardianship letter ( the school said, they can't talk to me or won't me with me) he has asked that they don't discuss anything with her and they said, she has educational rights! Well, the only solution we could come up with was to petition for an adult adoption... which we did. He can be adopted due to being 18 uncontested but can't control his own schooling? Well once the adoption is final, she has to be removed! I hate to do this but she has lost her mind. She is very controlling... I had no choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Feel Guilty? [ 31 Answers ]

I think there are similar posts, sorry for a repost, but I suppose everyone is different... I recently got dumped (3weeks ago) by an Ex/Gf she had left 3 times in 3 yrs (twice cheating), and I have always been "There" for her when we txt messaged each other or anything, our recent break up I...

I feel guilty? [ 9 Answers ]

OK so here it is.this guy asked me to send him a pic of me in my bra.and I said no ill feel like a slut.Then he said noo that's not being a slut its just people saying complements about yourself.and I still said no.then he said well fine bye I thought you would make me day feel better but I guess...

Should I plead Guilty or Not Guilty to a Fix-it-Ticket? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone has had some experience with Fix-it-Tickets and could offer some advice. Anyway, several months ago, I received a Fix-it-Ticket for a headlight that was out. I replaced the headlight the next day, but stupidly, I wasn't paying attention and I missed the date to send in proof...

Not guilty [ 8 Answers ]

I was told by security at a store that he saw me take a scarf worth a dollar forty. He said he 100% saw me take it. I did not take it. While being stopped they found a bottle of supplements for sexual labeto for age 65 woman and older.(I am 32). In the cart out in the open next my 4 year old. I had...

Not Guilty Plea [ 3 Answers ]

My court date is in two weeks for a P.I. in Indiana. My friend told me that I should plead not guilty even though I am guilty so I can have a lawyer after my hearing. Should I? If I plead guilty at the hearing does that mean I get my sentence right then and there? What should I do.

View more questions Search