Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamun khan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 04:30 AM
    Risk assessment of steam drum safety valve float test
    Please, let me know the risk involved in High pressure boiler (>105 bar) steam drum safety valve float testing
    nirmallya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 09:14 AM
    Generally on-line testing of high pressure steam drum safety valves is done by Trevi test process which applies hydraulic load on the spindle to calculate the opening pressure and adjust the spindle nut to set the valve at the correct pressure.
    The risks involved are:
    1.excessive noise when valve is opened/ popped.
    2.Chances of reduction in drum water level due to excessive blowdown or more time for which it remains open.
    3.Chances of mechanical damage to the pressure parts (like steam cut in).
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safety valve & relief valve [ 22 Answers ]

What is the difference between safety valve and relief valve

Screeching Fluidmaster type 400 Float valve [ 8 Answers ]

Hi About 8 months ago I fitted Fluidmaster type 400 Float valve to my toilet cistern. It has recently started to make a (loud) screeching noise at the start of the flush. Any thoughts on cause and cure. Cheers David:)

Difference between steam valve and hot water valve [ 1 Answers ]

We are in the process of changing our small steam heated library to hot water heating on an extremely limited budget. Three of the existing zones are not presently being used but our heating engineer suggests changing out the existing pneumatic actuated steam valves to pneumatic actuated hot water...

Replace sewer method statement/risk assessment [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a extension added to my house which requires the public sewer pipe to be replaced within the footprint of the extension. The water board require a method statement and risk assessment to be submitted before commencement of the work. I have spoken to a number of builders and they...

View more questions Search