Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucy in the sky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 08:57 PM
    Why do you think this guy is avoiding me?
    There's this guy from school who I fell completely head over heals in love with.I know him quite well but I had only talked to him a few times.During Christmas Break from school,we talked on myspace IM.We had some great conversations and talked about personal things like our deadbeat dads who left us when we were born and how much we both like The Beatles.I could tell he wanted to talk to me when I didn't resond after a while he typed "..." when means say somethinng.

Since we returned to school from Christmas Break,he's been avoiding/ignoring me.It really hurts my feelings and I have no idea why he's doing this.I thought we would at least be friends,we totally hit it off and we have so much in common.

He's not popular at school so that not an issue but there a problem.See,I'm an outsider at the school we go to.It's in a redneck area and I'm half black and half white,and everyone else is white.He just moved to our school a few months ago from New York.

Anyway,do you think it's a possibility that he does like me,but doesn't want to get teased and stuff by people so he's just avoiding me?
    Let me know what you think.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2010, 01:39 AM
    How old are you?
    It's impossible to know how another person feels,you would have to ask him.

Your choice is,you either ask him or let this go.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 01:43 AM

Had to spread the rep amicon, but that is a good idea, just ask him.

It could be that he has misinterpreted something you said or did, because something turned him off quick.

Seems you were building a good friendship there. I wouldn't give up just yet.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Jan 28, 2010, 02:31 PM

Boys are stupid. Half the time -- even when they are older -- they don't know how to express how they are feeling. And even if you asked him -- who knows if you would get a straight answer. I personally wouldn't waste any time on someone who avoided/ignored me.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 03:06 PM

Let me get this straight... You fell in "love" with a guy that you've only talked to a couple of times.
    And now you're heartbroken and hurt because he's been ignoring you?
    This sounds completely immature.

For one, you cannot fall in love with someone that you've talked to a few times. Having good chemistry and having things in common does not mean love. Love endures all things, it's a choice, not a feeling, it means that you would be willing to die for the person. Love means "till death do we part," Not, "I want to go on a date with you because we both like the Beatles."

You got your emotions involved and now you got hurt. It's not that this guy is a jerk for ignoring you- you got emotionally attatched and he didn't know. He might like you, he might not. I talk to new guys everyday at my work and we almost always have something in common- but I do not assume that they like me. Why don't you just ask him if he likes you? It's the only way to know for sure.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mafiaangel180 View Post
    Boys are stupid. Half the time -- even when they are older -- they don't know how to express how they are feeling. And even if you asked him -- who knows if you would get a straight answer. I personally wouldn't waste any time on someone who avoided/ignored me.
    That's not a very nice thing to say. Every person is different. You can't generalize the entire population.

OP, I suggest that you just go up to him and ask him straight up. We can make assumptions all day, but there's no way to know what he's thinking without asking.

It's possible that he's too shy to talk to you in person, which is why he was only talking to you on IM in the first place.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 05:20 PM

Maybe he is shy?
    Why don't you try to message him on myspace? Ask him if he wants to 'hang out' sometime, Do bands and stuff come to your town? You could ask him to a local show.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 31, 2010, 10:39 AM

Since he talks to you on Myspace IM, ask him what's up!! Maybe he isn't ignoring you but busy?!
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

Feb 2, 2010, 12:32 PM

Op,

It hurts you b.c. you are not on the same page as he is, sound like you've fallen for him and he is not... just move on, and glad he stopped leading you on!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is he avoiding me [ 2 Answers ]

Well me and my current boyfriend have been going out for about a month. We still don't talk much. He said he really does like me but it seems like every time he wants to tell me something he tells my friends to tell me about it so they know about it before I even do. It gets really annoying. But...

Why is he avoiding me? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I just recently broke up with my boyfriend (2 weeks ago). I was the one that was dumped. I know he still likes me, and the same goes for me. We broke up because he was worrying about things that wasn't even happeneing. We get along really really well. He had a bad history with his previous ex,...

Is he avoiding me [ 4 Answers ]

We been knowing each other for about 2 years but we not really talk to each other just say hey and stuff like that. But we start to talk it been about 3 weeks now He used texts me and we call each other every night even when he working out town. He remember what I like and bought me stuff and...

Avoiding Me [ 9 Answers ]

Hi All, There's this guy at work who liked me (I like him too) and asked me out on a date. Heaps of baggage, he's come out of a 7yr relationship with 2 kids. Its been 8 months since they split. He's moved back down the road from his ex's house. He still seems affected by it and not quiet over...

Is she avoiding me ? [ 26 Answers ]

HI I met a girl 1 year back in drama shoot on the back stage. At that time I did'nt know that she was taking notice of me. Right after 1 year i.e. July 06, she called me to just to say hello. I was surprised why did she call me after 1 year. Well from here the story begins. Then slowly slowly we...

View more questions Search