Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelliot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 08:13 PM
    Ask human resources
    I am in sales and a customer asked why I was taking a few days off. I told her, benignly, that I was having a procedure so that I can't have more kids. She immediately told me it was too personal and I apologied. A few days later, her supervisor approached me and told me she had told him and he wanted me to be aware and to not let it happen again but that he wouldn't go to my Manager. Should I let my company's HR Manager know? Or should I trust that neither the woman nor her supervisor will complain to my boss? What sort of repercussions would I expect from the HR Manager? I felt terrible, and certainly never meant to make her uncomfortable.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 08:27 PM

You said nothing wrong, and they were actually out of line.
    This customer must have been a much older lady, since merely a procedure to not have any more kids is not any bad wording

I would have told supervisor nothing wrong was said, so there was noting to go to manager about.
    kelliot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 08:41 PM

But should I talk to my HR person? Just to be proactive so the company can protect itself? I don't want to get in trouble myself or get anyone else in trouble.. .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Human Resources [ 12 Answers ]

What questions (at least FIVE questions) should we ask related to job and HRIS? Tq

Human resources [ 1 Answers ]

What are the roles of Human Resources manager in employee and industrial relationship with specific emphasis to the union and management relationship in an Organization?

Human Resources [ 7 Answers ]

Hello to you, and thanks again for taking the time to view and answer my questions - this is awsome!! I just found out I’m pregnant (Happy). I went through my employee handbook to find out what is said about maternity leave and to my surprise; there is little to nothing at all. My human...

View more questions Search