Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cuteblondy11003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 06:15 PM
    I need help to decide
    My boyfriend just moved away from Pennsylvania to Nebraska but I am stuck here. I don't know if we should stay together and have a long distance relationship or break-up. What should I do?

Signed
    :confused:
    gidion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 02:02 AM
    BREAK UP

Long distance has too many issues
    rachaelicious Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 02:14 AM
    Without knowing how you feel about him how can anyone say. You love him? If you do and can't imagine life without him in it then I guess you'll probably go with it for a while at least. If you don't and you're quite half hearted about it then don't bother.

Long distance has a lot of problems, it seems to suit some people because they enjoy the space and then the intensity of meeting. Personally -it drove me mad when I did it. Just hated the waiting for the next time and the emptiness when the meeting had finished. But we're all different, some people seem to thrive on it.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 02:17 AM
    I was in a long distance relationship for 1 year, I am NOW married to the guy been together a total of 8 years.

They do work BUT you need make a commitment to each other.

You need to discuss this with your boyfriend, see what you both want out of this relationship. If you do have a long distance relationship you need to make a pact though that it won't be forever that you are apart and some time or another 1 of you will move near the other.
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 21, 2006, 02:39 AM
    I agree, long distance relationships are definitely possible (speaking from current expirience) but there has to be commitment and communication
    Maybe you could talk to him about it.. ask him if its time to call it quits or if you should give it a try
    Its all up to whether you want to or not, whether you doubt it can work, whether you really love him and are committed enough to do it, because its hard.
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 02:44 AM
    Communication is the key in any relationship but in long distance relationships communication is a HUGE key ;)
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 04:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    Communication is the key in any relationship but in long distance relationships communication is a HUGE key ;)
    Just to reiterate:

I agree with this but communication is also harder to maintain in LDR's unless there is commitment from both sides, as the other members have pointed out here.
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 04:38 AM
    Yes of course, all commitments in any relationship has to come from both sides ESPECIALLY IN LDR.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 21, 2006, 06:16 AM
    Cutie? Why wasn't this discussed before he left? And if it was, what did you learn? What plans have been made? And how has that changed in the meantime, if it has? See, there is a lot being left out here that makes it hard to say..?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 21, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteblondy11003
    My boyfriend just moved away from Pennsylvania to Nebraska but I am stuck here. I don't know if we should stay together and have a long distance relationship or break-up. What should I do?

Signed
    :confused:
    What did you talk about when he left? Did you break up or what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Decide. [ 7 Answers ]

Ever since I was a child I've wanted to be a veterinarian. I currently work in a vet clinic as a Veterinarian Technician. I love my job I love what I do. For the past few years I've also thought about being a forensic scientist or a Crime scene investigator. I don't really know if I want to be a...

Can't decide! [ 7 Answers ]

I am really really stuck!I'm trying to decide if I should try out for my middle school cheerleading squad,this is the last year that I can.I really like cheerleading, but I'm up against 6 other girls!! 3 are loved by all ,and good,and then one I know will make it because she is really good!! The...

View more questions Search