Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nova373 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2004, 07:57 AM
    Question about entries for Insurance Premimums
    A corporation paid $2000 in annual insurance premiums on Nov 1, for whole life insurance on the CEO of the company. The corporation is the beneificary. They received a statement from the insurance company stating the increase to the investment portion of the policy was $300 for the year.

What are the entries? I am assuming this is a long-term investment...
    Here's what I have come up with, I need to know if I am correct or not...
    Insurance Investment $300
    ? I don't know the credit entry
    Insurance Investment $2000
    Cash $2000

Any help would be appreciated!!
    kathyl39 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2004, 01:01 PM
    Question about entries for Insurance Premimums
    Wouldn't it be cash. You are going to have to pay it, correct?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Adjusting entries [ 2 Answers ]

The prepaid insurance account had a balance of $5600 at the beginning of the year. The account was debited for $1800 for premiums on policies purchased during the year. Journalize the adjusting entry required at the end of the year for each situation. (a) the amount of unexpired insurance...

Journalize entries [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to journalize this and think I've got it wrong: Assume a 4% service fee is charged by American Express. Record the entry for the transaction on the restaurant's books for Dr. Miller’s AMEX credit card transaction. The service fee is 2,000 x 4%=$80. The entry is Accounts...

Journal Entries [ 13 Answers ]

When entering journal entries, how do you show opening balances? For example, If at the beginning of the month I have $100 in supplies, I purchase $700 throughout the year, and I have $400 remaining at the end of the year, how would I show this whole transaction?

View more questions Search