Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fabricater1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 04:20 PM
    Will it hurt a gas furnace if I use a generator for backup power during a power outag
    Will it hurt a gas furnace if I use a 3500 watt generator for backup power during a power outage?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 05:56 PM
    No it will not hurt the furnace if properly hooked up. I suggest you test your setup and make any corrective adjustments before you actually need it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace would not restart unless power is reset [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a carrier furnace that works well once started for anywhere from 1 day to a week at a time and then seems to fail to restart. Once the power to it is reset (flipping the breaker off and back on) it seems to start fine and keeps on going stopping at the temp that is set and then...

My Trane XL Bo Gas Furnace will power up then turn off a second later? [ 4 Answers ]

It was installed in 99. It is a Trane XL 80 Downflow Gas Furnace. We installed a new Thermostat and that did not change a thing.

Run a Lennox Furnace on Generator power [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All, Can I run my newer (2004) NG Lennox Furnace on the Generator? Sorry I don't have the model # but I am sure it is a "Builders Special" Or should I just use that circuit for General Lights on my Transfer Switch? Thank You in Advance!!

Battery backup power for Lennox G61MPV furnace? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to be able to operate my 2004 Lennox G61MPV furnace using a 1200W, 12V DC to 110V AC power inverter. The blower works just fine, but as soon as it tries to ignite, the furnace shuts down. I suspect it may be a question of proper grounding--the furnace may be very sensitive to this. ...

View more questions Search