Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chocodrip Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jan 27, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Sex without bathing?
    My husband sometimes travels, and we would plan ahead as to what I should do to him, what should I wear, etc... But the weird thing is he asks me not to bathe. I do not have body odour but I still feel a little self conscious because I usually bathe with hugo boss shower gell, wear lots of jasmine flowers on my hair and spray "flora" by guicci before making love. But he gets upset and enjoys it more if I don't bathe. I'll be very clean all over but still I am more comfortable after a shower. Is his behaviour normal or is something wrong with him.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 01:17 PM

Maybe its not so much the bathing that bothers him but the scents from the things you use. If I'm around someone who is wearing too much perfume or cologne it gives me a headache. And everyone has different sensitivities to smells. Maybe you two could compromise and instead of bathing with your usual scents you could just take a shower with some unscented soap and skip the perfume.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 01:23 PM

I LIKE my husband's natural body scent. It's not "body odor", like from working hard or sweating all day--it's just the scent of him, without cologne or scented soap or whatever.

Your husband sounds normal to me.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 01:41 PM

There is nothing I enjoy more then my Partners scent. Especially when we are about to make love.

Scent, or the way a person smells, has long played a part in attraction and arousal. You can see examples of this all over the animal world; it is the very same for Humans. Scent is one of the various things that we key on when we meet people. We have been using perfumes and cologne as well to enhance that scent as well and make ourselves more attractive.

It could be that your husband wants to enjoy your 'primal musk' rather then the perfume suite that you're wearing. There is nothing wrong with that and is in fact, as Synnen said, perfectly normal.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 06:53 PM

You sound like me.
    I hate having sex without bathing first, I just feel self conscious.
    Whereas my partner likes it when I don't, he enjoys the way I smell naturally and if I shower just before we jump into bed it gets rid of all that.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 08:05 PM

I Like a person's natural scent but if I've worked hard or done something that required a lot of energy I'd like a shower before, I just refrain from strong smelling perfumes.. but mind you.. I don't care for perfumes much either so I tend not to use them.

I always say though.. to each his own and if I was with someone and they preferred to do one over the other that I'd be fine with either way
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 08:16 PM

Yes, if my partner had all that "smells" on her I would have to make her go wash it off with just water,

If he wanted to have sex in a flower garden he would take you outside,
    He wants to hold and smell you, not perfume.

In fact getting real close all of that perfume smell is sickening to me
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 08:22 PM

I like my guys natrual smell too. Even if he just got done playing basketball or something I can't help but bury my face in his chest and snuggle. I'm lucky because he never has body odor issues other than bad breath occasionally (that I don't like). He smells SO good to me, I don't know how to explain it, but it's definitely attractive, but comforting to me too. :)
    chocodrip Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jan 28, 2010, 01:06 AM

Thank you for taking your time to reply.
    cyr1952 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 03:49 PM

Yes I agree I have never sniffed a perfume that turned me on like the clean smell of a turned on partner

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathing Children [ 4 Answers ]

My friend and I both have 3 year old children. We are both males in good relationships with the kids mothers, respectively. He has a little girl, I have a boy. We are both very involved and devoted fathers. We got into a discussion a while ago about our responsibilities as a parent. We both...

Bathing my puppy [ 6 Answers ]

So I have a 9 month old morkie.. when I give him a bath... I don't really know how to clean his face so I just get a rag with water and wash his face down... because I don't want to get some in his eyes or in his mouth... or get water in his nose... so how would I do it?

Not bathing after sex [ 16 Answers ]

K I have a question I am a male and need to know if my girl friend is pragnant so I am 16 years old a need a answer k well me and my girl friend had sex Monday as we were going at it I had to so I pulled out but I don't know if it was in time I was not wereing a condum then she wants to go at it...

View more questions Search