Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chocodrip Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jan 27, 2010, 12:49 PM
    A baby.
    I am married for the past two and half years to a wonderful man. We live in India where people begin asking you whether you have any "special news" a month after you marry. I have been having sex with him even before our wedding. Ever since I was eighteen, we never used protection though he would never ejaculate inside me. Now we're having trouble coceiving. My aunt works as a director of an internatonal N.G.O and she would help us get the baby fast. The problem that I have is that while my husband is a christian, his parents are orthodox hindus who would never agree for adopting.

What should I do? I am very depressed. I have loved babies all through my life. I somehow feel that me having sex before marriage is the reason as to why I am not getting pregnant because it is sin. Please help me as to how I should convince my mother in law.

I'm twenty three and he's twenty seven, can we still try for our child?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 01:01 PM

There could be a number of reasons you haven't conceived yet. Have you talked with your dr yet? I'm not sure what your medical care and coverage is like, but if it's an option for you, I'd start talking with your dr.
    So_Confused1971 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Oh my gosh! You are so young! You have lot's of time to get pregnant. Having sex before marriage is NOT the reason you are not getting pregnant. It will happen when you stop worrying about it. Best of luck!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 01:13 PM

So_confused, here in america and many other places, I agree, 23 is very young. But in some cultures, it's very different. And while worrying about getting pregnant or not getting pregnant probably isn't helping anything, after trying for more than a year to get pregnant with no luck, the OP probably needs to be a little more proactive than just relaxing about it.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 01:21 PM

See your doctor.

Get your husband to a urologist.

There are soooooooo many medical issues that can prevent conception--though stressing about getting pregnant is definitely a good way to NOT get pregnant.

You need to be tested, both of you, to make sure nothing is MEDICALLY wrong with you before you start tackling the adoption question within your family and your husband's.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jan 27, 2010, 01:21 PM

Adoption is a beautiful expression. My parents adotped seven children. My grandmother wasn't very happy for them to adopt me because I am bi-racial. She was very against it and said she would never love me. I was "her favorite". It's not necessarily the same for everyone and I realize that. However you need to live your life for you! My point is this... if you find that you are unable to conceive and you and your husband make the decision to enrich your lives and adopt, that is your decision. Allow her to work through her issues on her own. She just may come around to understanding and be fine with it. I don't believe in the school of thought that "If you are unable to reproduce, you are unfit for parenting". Look at all the parents that shouldn't have their children and have plenty.
    Secondly I want to let you know that you are not being cursed for having relations prior to marriage. It doesn't really work that way. Consult your physician. There are a number of things that can be done to assist in reproduction or simple rule any issues out.
    As stated above... sometimes you do need to relax and not worry. Follow your heart. Best of luck
    chocodrip Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jan 28, 2010, 01:09 AM

Thank you all so much for taking your time to reply, both of us will go to a good doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-married HSMP visa holder expecting baby.will the baby have UK citizenship ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. any advice will be appreciated. I am currently in the UK on the HSMP visa and in 2012 can apply for indefinite leave to remain and then citizenship. I am pregnant with my first child and am estranged from the father who is a UK citizen. We are not married. Will my child be a UK citizen...

Ooh baby baby? The song/beat Timberland copied [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for taking time on this, I've been trying to search for the name of the song that Timbaland remade, I can't seem to find any answers anywhere, Its like the songs been erased from existence. It was an old school American techno rap beat with ladies singing "Ooh baby baby" If...

BABY DADDY Fighting for Parental Rights and baby live part-time with his wife / kids [ 16 Answers ]

I have been in an extra-marital relationship for six months with a man who was "leaving" his wife. He told me repeatedly that they were living as roommates and he was moving out soon. Once this went on for some time, I decided I was worth more and broke up with him. I found out a few days later...

View more questions Search