Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kohoutek Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Jan 27, 2010, 09:48 AM
    Historically accurate movies about the early 20th century aristocracy?
    I'm putting this in History as the most important part of it is the historical accuracy... :)

I'm looking for films that portray the British aristocracy of the early 20th Century - films similar to Gosford Park, Atonement, Bright Young Things etc. Ideally the films would include interaction with servants/maids/butlers because my main interest is how the Stately Home functioned between 1910 - 1940 but it's not imperative, I just need to immerse myself in the culture for a bit as research.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received! :cool:
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 07:16 AM

Honestly, the Agatha Christie mysteries (on Netflix or for sale) would be very beneficial if you want to "immerse yourself in the culture."

Particular movies aren't coming to my head right now, but the AC mystery movies will work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two movies from the early 80's? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all. I've been trying for a while now to remember the names of these two movies I used to watch EVERY DAY when I was little... but no luck yet. Maybe you can help! The first was about this girl whose costume was black and white because all the people in her town weren't getting along... and...

Historically controversial issue [ 4 Answers ]

Need help to find a Historically controversial issue from pre-20th century. >followed by a how question about the issue.

Early century catholic piece of art done in eggshell [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for ways to locate information on a piece of art that was given to my husband, it is done in eggshell, several hundreds of years old, of a lady given her last rites, this is unsigned, please help

Congress vs. Presidency during the late 20th century [ 3 Answers ]

Who holds the most power and what did the presidents do during this period

View more questions Search