Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hayley_parker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 08:43 AM
    If I'm a wiccan can I talk to animals?
    I'm a wiccan in training, I have no idea what I should be doing! I try and get outside, I write in my Shadow Book, I do moon rituals. But my main question is can I talk or feel emotions when I get good at this stuff?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 09:00 AM

If you don't have that ability to start with, you can't learn it by being Wiccan. Some people are more sensitive to nature then others, and they are not Wiccan.

Tick
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 09:08 AM

I talk to my cats everyday.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 09:34 AM

I couldn't resist I tried but I am weak.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 09:39 AM

Being Wiccan doesn't make you better or worse at any kind of empathy than you already are. That's a severe misconception.

Being Wiccan is a way of life as much as it's a religion, and while it may make you more in tune with the world around you--because you are more AWARE of the world around you--it's not going to give you magical properties, like talking to animals or making someone fall in love with someone else.
    LyraArtemis Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2010, 02:36 PM

Pay attention to animals' behaviors. This works best if you get to know the animal(like your pet). They communicate in their own way. Give them credit for being intelligent. If you pay enough attention to them you might learn their language(mostly body language). Just remember that animals care about different things than you do.

The last dog I had, who is with my ex now, understood me best when I talked in a growly/gravely low,deep voice.

This is certainly not something that is special for Wiccans or any religion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Summerland and Wiccan afterlife [ 16 Answers ]

*I'd rather only Wiccans and Pagans answer please. Don't tell me to open a bible or pray to God for forgiveness and all that jazz* I've been a practicing Wiccan for nearly 7 years now (of the Celtic tradition). When my High Priestess was training me, I was taught about the Wiccan afterlife. ...

Wiccan/ Occult [ 34 Answers ]

A friend and I were having a disagreement and we're both now trying to find answers as to proof that Wiccan practices are real and work, like spells, voodoo, black magic, etc. I believe it's mind over matter - someone tells you that you're under a spell - wouldn't you - in the back of your mind be...

Wiccan Rede. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi tanyajaldecoa, I didn't know how to respond to you other than to send another question, I didn't know if that's what you meant for me to do. Thank you for sharing what happened to you with me, and I can't believe someone would use magick like that, to harm you. I really do believe in spells now,...

View more questions Search