Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StandardFinch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 07:36 AM
    Is it illegal for a minor to be at a party with alcohol?
    So I'm having a birthday party and we're going to have alcohol there, but I also wanted my friend, who is a minor, to come to the party. We aren't going to let him drink, that's for sure, but I was wondering if we would get in trouble for him just being there? I don't want either of us to get in trouble. Thanks for the help!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 09:01 AM

No, he won't get in trouble, but I hope you don't let him drink, and I hope you have elders there to supervise and make sure no one drives home. That is big trouble.

Tick
    TrayRenee Posts: 14, Reputation: -4

Jan 28, 2010, 12:03 AM

No, He will not get in trouble if he ONLY attends. However, If the party is for some reason busted up & he is caught there they will test him & more then likely question his parents on their knowledge of his presence there. They do this because while you have all good intentions of letting your friend be at your party while you drink most who throw a party involving alcohol do not have the same intentions & minors do end up drinking at a majority of these events, Even when the host had no intentions of letting them - Fact of the matter is you can't have your eye on him constantly, You want to be able to enjoy your party.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I minor buy a car from a private party in Calif [ 9 Answers ]

My grandson bought a car from a private party for $700.00. He is 17 years old, but does have a Calif. Driver license. The car is very beat up, the transmission went out on the way home, and I don't think there is any oil in the car. The person he bought it from signed the pink slip and gave it...

Selling alcohol to a minor [ 1 Answers ]

So tonight at work I get a ticket for $500 dollars for selling alcohol to a minor. I live in SC and I'm just wondering what should I do? I've never been in trouble before and this was a total accident (looked at the kids idea and read 1983 but it said 1993). I assume I'll probably be getting...

If I was fined in usa for serving alcohol to a minor will that stop me re-entering? [ 4 Answers ]

Whilst on a h2b visa I was stopped by the police for serving alcohol to a minor, and went to court and was made to pay a fine. The set up was set all over avon so it was an organised operation. I wasn't taken to a police station just told to turn up at the town hall.. where I was fined Will this...

Can I serve Alcohol Beverages at a Private Party [ 4 Answers ]

I am thinking of having a private party in which I would like to serve Alcohol beverages. Can anyone tell me how I can do so without a liquor license? It will not be a cash bar, however, there will be a bar and a charge at the door to enter.

Nudity and Alcohol at a Private Party [ 11 Answers ]

I live in NY State and am trying to start a local nudist group on Long Island. I would like to meet at a bar because the alcohol is already there. These are not sex parties but social nudist parties However, I believe that in NY there is a law that nudity cannot exist where alcohol is served. ...

View more questions Search