Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coca Cola Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 08:01 PM
    Could my spouse's stautus affect my job opportunity?
    So I was close to get a job as a 911 dispatcher. I made it all the way up to lie detector. The SGT told me when it was over with that he didn't see anything alarming but he still had to make a report.

I got a phone call one week later telling me that the offer has been withdrawn.

My concern is.. my husband is not a citizen. Does that matter? He is a resident. My record is clean. I have never stolen, I tried MJ once but that's about it... I am a good person but the only think I can think of is the immigritation thing...

Is that possible?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2010, 08:19 PM

If there were several people up to that point, they may have picked someone else?

Husband is not a citizen, but is he here legally ?

And where did the one time use of pot come up, that is a no no to some depatments
    Coca Cola Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 10:24 PM

Oh the MJ I was 15 and tried it. I admitted to it but I don't even smoke or drink. I seriously have a good head on my shoulders but as a kid I tried it once.
    My husband and I went through the Immigration process and he is now a permanent resident but we are currently waiting for a couple of years so he can be a citizen.

I was the last one to get the job. I was it! I had it! UGH! I am disappointed :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will an arrest record affect my job search? [ 7 Answers ]

I was arrested a couple of months ago, but I was given a city ordinance charge. The police only charged me for a disorderly conduct charge. I was not finger printed or breatherlyzed at all. I basically paid for my bond and I was let go and is not required to go to court. I am scared whether...

Job opportunity? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have been given the opportunity to move to Australia but am in 2 minds about it. Firstly, what are the job opportunities there for someone who doesn't have any qualifications but a lot of experience? And secondly, what is needed to get in there?

Does smoking affect getting a job (atleast the job you want)? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello ~ I have been assigned a report topic of "Does smoking affect your chances of obtaining a job, or atleast getting the job you want". I DON'T smoke, though I know many people who do... I also have my own openion of smoking, however, this is not to be my openionated report, it is to be of...

View more questions Search