Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gecko5 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 02:12 PM
    Ist Question in the Bible
    What is the first question, in the Bible, asked of God by Man? And God doesn't answer.
    Some people think the rest of the bible is the answer. Your thoughts please.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2006, 03:13 PM
    "Am I my brother's keeper?" ;)
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 21, 2006, 03:19 AM
    Genesis 3: 1... Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2006, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Genesis 3: 1...Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
    Adam asked Eve that question. Gecko asked what the first question man asked God ;)

Genesis 4:9
    Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" "I don't know," he replied. "Am I my brother's keeper?"
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 21, 2006, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    Adam asked Eve that question. gecko asked what the first question man asked God ;)

Genesis 4:9
    Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" "I don't know," he replied. "Am I my brother's keeper?"

Sorry! I didn't see that. Thanks for pointing it out.

BTW
    It was Satan who asked Eve that question.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2006, 12:04 PM
    Haha, oops. Yes, of course you are correct :)

Gecko, where are you? Do I get a prize :p
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Nov 26, 2006, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko5
    What is the first question, in the Bible, asked of God by Man? And God doesn't answer.
    Some people think the rest of the bible is the answer. Your thoughts please.
    The first question in the old Testament is "hath God said, 'Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?"

The second question is, 'Adam ... Where art thou?"

The third question is, "Who told thee that thou [wast] naked?"

The fourth question is, "Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?["/COLOR]

The fifth question is, "What [is] this [that] thou hast done?"

The sixth, seventh, and eight questions are, "Why art thou wroth? Why is thy countenance fallen? and "If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?"

The ninth and tenth questions are, "Where [is] Abel thy brother?" and "Am I my brother's keeper?"

I believe that your question refers to the tenth question. "Am I my brother's keeper?"

However, I do not believe that the rest of the Bible is the answer to the question. At the juncture at which this question is asked, the book of Genesis has already dealth with sacrifice, thus forewhadowing the sacrifice of the Son of God, and the atonement, and raising the possibility of salvation for those who enter into covenant with God and his Son, and the relationshoip between man and God and the nature of salvation form a large part of the biblical writings.

Human relationships and interactions are very important in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, all Bible based faiths, and their teachinmgs in this area have many remarkable similarities.

Nov 26, 2006, 04:45 PM
    "Am I my brother's keeper?" ;)
    Although I am confidant that is the question he had in mind, it is the tenth question in the Bible.

M:)
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2006, 03:44 AM
    Just for clarity, the question was "what was the first question asked of God by man.

Cain's question of God was the first... and it was not answered. ;)
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Nov 27, 2006, 05:43 AM
    So many questions and we're all still searching for the answers!
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2006, 06:27 AM
    Hehe, yes indeed :)

Nov 27, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Just for clarity, the question was "what was the first question asked of God by man.

Cain's question of God was the first...and it was not answered. ;)
    It seems the question was rhetorical, and did not require an answer. Cain was defiantly saying, "I am NOT my brother's keeper!"

Although there is no response recorded from Elohim, it should not be taken to mean that God did not answer. It seems unlikely that the few terse sentences between God and man contained in Genesis, and in other monographs, include all that was said.

That would have been a time to have been a fly on the wall.

M:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where in the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later...

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible question [ 119 Answers ]

:) Hello everyone, I have a question for all you Bible scholars. What is the theme of the Bible and what does it have to do with the end of this system of things? Thanks, Happyperson

Opinion on Pentax *ist DS Digital SLR Camera [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone out there purchased a Pentax *ist DS Digital SLR Camera recently. Do they like it? ;) Thank you from [email protected]

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search