Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jobarlion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 07:26 AM
    My husband has his friend over ower home for days and days. I do not like this man
    My husband has his friend over ower home for days at a time. I tell my husband, I don't like his friend sleeping in my famliyroom. I get up in the mornings and there he is.I do not like this man at all. He has know job, he has three kids and don't pay for them. My husband knows I don't like him, so he said, get over it. Also that man knows a do not like him. And I told him but he don't care. What should I do?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 26, 2010, 11:14 PM
    It sounds like your husband's friend is a free loader. Your husband helping him out with a place to stay for a day or two I can see. But, as you said, 'days and days at a time', is too much, and has to stop.

Tell your husband that he needs to tell his friend that he can no longer stay in your home, because it makes you uncomfortable, and he needs to find other arrangements. I don't see where there should even be a compromise.

I would be upset as well, waking up to a 'house guest' every morning, never knowing when he's going to go.

Short of leaving yourself, unless your husband sees the light, you are stuck with him.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 12:40 AM
    Well, I would have thought that you have more right to feel comfortable in your own home than your husband's friend does! I don't think that it's just a matter of getting over it. It's a matter of your feelings being considered.

However, there are always ways around these things. I suggest when the friend is staying with you that you get up early and make lots of noise. Throw all the windows open (even if it's cold), get the kids to play ball in the family room, vacuum, dust and put the stereo or TV up loud. Put the washing machine on, make some pesto in the food processor - make sure you mix, grind and churn.

Oh sorry... were you sleeping?

I'm sure you have lots of chores to do and the household does not grind to a halt when the friend is in your home.

Take it from me, the freeloader will quickly find another family room to invade.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 05:20 AM

Well first husband would be sleeping in that family room also, certainly not in your bedroom.
    That may help get a hint

Next I would be sure not to fix anyone any supper, or do any of husbands laundry and so on, tell him his friend can do it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I started my period 2 days after unprotected sex, It only lasted 2 1/2 days. [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've already asked if I could be pregnant because I started my period only 2 days after having sex. I've gotten feed back and that reassured me, but the weird thing is my period only lasted 2 days. I started on Tuesday morning and by late thursdy night I was already finished, which isn't...

When dose the ten days start and what days do they count on bad check over 3500 in mo [ 3 Answers ]

I have a check that I given to a car dealer two months ago and he held for me because I had no money in the account and on the 2 of dec I got a ten day letter from state of mo saying the were going to put out a warrant I have not driven the car it is sitting the funds that I was to get have not...

How do we measure innocence between a man and a women these days? [ 23 Answers ]

Over the holidays I was asked to house sit for a friends parents, while they visited her in Chicago. I posted a bulletin on my web page telling all my friends where I'd be over the holidays, and to visit me because I'd be lonely. Well one of those days my friend was in the area at his moms...

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

View more questions Search