Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dee_184 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 07:14 AM
    Where can I get free condoms and birth control?
    I'm a teen. I live at home but my home situation is not so good. I want to try to get birth control and condoms to be save but I don't know where to go where it will be private and free. If my parents knew they would flip. Can anyone help me??
    rosanna-hope Posts: 109, Reputation: 9

Feb 15, 2010, 11:08 AM

You should be open and honest about if you're planning to have sex with someone with your parents or maybe just your mum, maybe a sister? They can help you be safe and take the right precautions..
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 12:19 AM

Where are you getting your info from termpaper? What sort of camps are you talking about?

Dee, I encourage you to abstain from sex. If you aren't comfortable telling your parents you're having sex, how comfortable will you be telling them if you're pregnant or have an std? Condoms and birth control are good, but the only way to be 100% safe is abstinence. If you can't figure out how to get condoms and birth control on your own, you are definitely not ready to be having sex. Really, what will you do if you get pregnant or catch HIV?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2010, 05:20 AM

The thing that concerns me with this is that you cannot afford to buy condoms, and if you cannot afford them then there is no way you can afford to look after a child.
    No birth control is 100% effective except for abstinence. There are several people on this site alone who have got pregnant from using both condoms AND the birth control pill.

Yeah I know, it's a boring speech but it's true...
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 07:25 AM

How old are you? Maybe you shouldn't even be entertaining the idea in the first place.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 11:08 AM

I agree with the other posters if you aren't mature enough to talk about the prospect of having sex, don't have enough money or are too embarrassed to buy birth control then you shouldn't be having sex.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 01:33 PM

It's very responsible of you to research your options for safe sex and avoidance of pregnancy, and I would recommend that you contact Planned Parenting. They can provide you non-judgmental answers, advice and resources and can also prescribe birth control if it is appropriate.

Condoms are very cheap and are available in drug stores. They are available free from a lot of organizations that fight AIDS and HIV so look online for things like "HIV Prevention" and narrow it down with your town name and things like that.

I do agree with the other posters to really rethink your decision to have sex. I think it would be good to wait at least until you are through high school and living on your own. Then you won't have to sleep around, your parents won't have any say over your health decisions, and if something serious results from your sexual activity whether an illness or pregnancy, you will be in a position to decide what is best for yourself.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 09:04 AM

My apologies - the name of the organization I meant to give you is "Planned Parenthood" not "Planned Parenting"... just a typo! And I meant to say, "you won't have to SNEAK around", not "you won't have to sleep around!" I must have been half asleep when I wrote that Freudian slip! Yikes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find my birth father for free [ 1 Answers ]

How to find my birth farther for free?

How do I get a free copy of my birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I really need a copy of my birth certificate I am 16 years old and am not aloud to ask my parents because there is domestic violence orders out on both of them but I really need my birth certificate as a proof of identification

Taken off birth control, possibly conceived, back on birth control? [ 9 Answers ]

So, the day my period ended I ended up having unprotected sex, and a week later started feeling really sick to my stomach, I could smell everything, I had horrible headaches, I couldn't find anything I wanted to eat, I was moody all the time, all the typical signs, except no missed period. I took a...

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

View more questions Search