Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    u746977 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 09:07 PM
    free standing glass block wall
    I would like to add a glass block partition on top of a 10" wide ceramic wall that divides the tub and shower. The ceramic wall is about 3' high and I want to place the glass blocks on top of that. The blocks would only be anchored by the room wall on one end and the ceramic 1/2 wall on the bottom. Will that "L" shaped support create enough stability or do I need to create a wood frame to support the other two sides? The total glass block dimensions would be about 48"w x 30"h
    mtconc Posts: 119, Reputation: 9

Jan 26, 2010, 03:58 AM

There is a good how-to video on you tube.. "how to install glass blocks"
    It looks very helpful
    sdfell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2010, 06:06 AM
    Did you ever get an answer to this problem? If so, what did you do? I have a similar situation.
    mtconc Posts: 119, Reputation: 9

Sep 12, 2010, 04:02 PM
    I would put something on the end to box it in... I would not advise leaving it open. The mortar(glass block mortar)
    Is pretty good but not for a structure. If you put up the wall then hit it by accident the joint would crack or worse, break
    The blocks are great for natural light... good luck and let us know what you decide.. thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to remove a glass block wall [ 5 Answers ]

we bought a condo that has a glass block wall, floor to ceiling, measuring 8.67' x 8.67'. Each block is an 8 " square, 3 " deep. There are a total of 169 blocks. What is the safest, cleanest method of removing it? See attached photo. Thanks Ron

Strength of glass block wall [ 5 Answers ]

We plan to have a glass block wall on one side of a new staircase. The stair treads will be free standing with no risers, 35cm x 100cm x 8cm thick solid wood with steel connectors under to attach to the concrete wall on one side and the glass block on the other side. Is there any problem with this...

Glass block shower wall [ 2 Answers ]

I had a free standing glass block shower wall installed using a block pattern that does not come with end cap blocks. Currently it has the very un-attractive PVC frame. What are my options for hiding this to enhance the beauty of the glass blocks? There does not seem to be any options with the...

View more questions Search