Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evoclutch Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 08:47 PM
    Indiana car accident, I had no insurance, not my fault.
    I was driving down a two lane road on the outside lane when a 90 year old lady was waved on from a man stopped in the inside lane. I was going about 30 mph when she turned in front of me. She hit the driver side nose of my car, bounced off and hit me again in the driver door. Clearly it was her fault since she crossed oncoming traffic. But, I had no insurance. Is she responsible for the damages of my car even though I don't have insurance?? Someone please help!! Thank You!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2010, 08:55 PM

Yes, you will ( or should) get a large fine for driving with no insurance, maybe even be required by the state to furnish SR22 filing ( proof of insurnace) for a number of years for drving with no insurance.

But you can still file a claim against them, of course since they will know ou don't have a insurance company to fight for you, they may deny the claim to see if you have the resourses to fight them

Jan 25, 2010, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    yes, you will ( or should) get a large fine for driving with no insurnace, maybe even be required by the state to furnish SR22 filing ( proof of insurnace) for a number of years for drving with no insurnace.

But you can still file a claim against them, of course since they will know ou don't have a insurnace company to fight for you, they may deny the claim to see if you have the resourses to fight them
    Resources to fight them?

Jan 25, 2010, 09:14 PM
    yes, you will ( or should) get a large fine for driving with no insurnace, maybe even be required by the state to furnish SR22 filing ( proof of insurnace) for a number of years for drving with no insurnace.

But you can still file a claim against them, of course since they will know ou don't have a insurnace company to fight for you, they may deny the claim to see if you have the resourses to fight them
    Oh, and a police report was made but I didn't receive a ticket for not having insurance. Nothing was said to me about fines or a ticket or license suspension.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2010, 09:20 PM

No idea why you did not, guess their state law, here in Georgia the officer would have been required to ticket you, even tow your car and impound it.

Resources, "money" if you don't have the money to hire attorneys, since they will have them it is often hard to win. You can try of course in small claims

Jan 25, 2010, 10:01 PM
    No idea why you did not, guess thier state law, here in Georgia the officer would have been required to ticket you, even tow your car and impound it.

resources, "money" if you don't have the money to hire attorneys, since they will have them it is often hard to win. you can try of course in small claims

I didn't get a ticket and I was able to tow my car home. Thank you very much. Any onle else have an opinion or thought please respond. Any information helps.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 12:20 PM

You file the claim with the other driver's insurance company. They are responsible for paying for your damages regardless of you not having insurance. Whether you received a ticket or not isn't relevant.

What Chuck is saying is important- that if for whatever reason they try to fight and claim their driver isn't at fault, then they are counting on you not having the financial resources or representation (in this case an insurance company) to fight them back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not at fault car accident with insurance, what is the process? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in WA state. I was rear-ended, not at fault. We both have insurance. I hit the car in front and that driver contacted 911 and I was taken to the hospital. My car insurance company has paid for repairs to my car after the deductible and related medical bills. The case is not settled. What is...

At fault car accident, other driver no insurance [ 8 Answers ]

I was parked along a curb and was pulling out into the street. I hit a car that came up along side me. My front/side bumper hit the side of her car (passenger side) towards the back. Clearly this was my fault. She was driving without insurance and didn't want the police called. I offered to give...

No Fault Car Accident - No Health Insurance [ 8 Answers ]

I was involved in an accident which the other driver is at fault. Stopped at a red light and was hit from the rear and rushed to the E.R. / was instructed by E.R. to get MRI done / paid out of pocket to go see a doctor and have MRI done + Meds. / monies are now exhausted / may have issues with #10...

In a not at fault car accident, will it affect my premium with my insurance? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently was in a not at fault car accident. I reported it with my insurance company and the other party's insurance. Unfortunately, I do not have uninsured motor vehicle insurance and the other party did not have insurance on his vehicle the day of the accident. The at fault driver offered to...

View more questions Search