Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jan 25, 2010, 05:10 PM
    Received Summons for Credit card
    I woke up the other morning to a police officer giving me a summons from discover credit card. I have no idea what to do, I don't have a job because of my anxiety and depression. I don't get any funds from the government or work. I don't know what they willl do? I don't own anything (not a house or car) I wish I could pay them back but I'm broke,
    Can someone please tell me what they will do? Will they lock me up? This is causing my anxiety attacks to increase and I am desperiate.
    Please someone help
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2010, 05:16 PM

They will not lock you up. Debtor's prison no longer exists. If you have no assets or income then there is not much they can do,

There are loads of threads in this forum that deal with the same issue. I suggest browsing around for an education.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Received a Consumer Credit Transaction Summons [ 1 Answers ]

I recently received a Summons from an attorney at JP Morgan for a credit card that I owe money on and haven't been able to make the minimum payments for couple of months due to lack of work. I recently had to sell my truck because I could not afford the payments. Any advice as to how should I...

Two credit summons received [ 3 Answers ]

A copy of two identical summons from a creditor was handed to me by an officer of the court, but I signed for nothing, was one of these to be returned to the courts by the officer to acknowledge that I was served?

Civil Summons received for Credit Card Debt [ 2 Answers ]

On Saturday evening, my son received a civil summons for a credit card debt my husband and I had with Capitol One. The summons was served via a processor; my son says he did not sign for it. As the debt is valid, the amount is not. The summons came from Capitol One's attorney. At this point, I am...

Summons received, Being Sued By Credit Card [ 7 Answers ]

Hey Ladies and Gentleman, I received a summons this morning at 7am from a Chase Bank USA stating that I was being sued for a credit card balance of $13500.00, most of which I did charge. The summons states that I have to respond within 20 days, but no court date is on the summons. I have had this...

Received Summons from Capital One For credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

I received a summons from an attorney saying I must "appear" and that to " appear" I must file a legal paper called a "motion" Or answer. Must be given to the court clerk or administrator within 30 days along with the required filing fee. There is no case number on the Summons. Is the 30 days from...

View more questions Search