Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    9hththt2 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 04:20 PM
    Using & configuring SMTP & POP3 Server
    Hello,

Can anyone help me, please?
    I'm having some trouble:

I started by configuring a small lan with 2 computers.
    I used the "ping" command to check if everything was working right... Affirmative.

Then I installed "Baby Pop3" - POP3 Server, and "QK SMTP Server 3" in computer 1 - This computer has IP: 192.168.0.4 - it is going to be the main server. There, I created 2 users, using "Baby Pop3". Okay.

Next step: I added the same 2 users to QK SMTP Server 3, and then, in the "Relay Server Settings" part I did what shows in this image...

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/5...0100125220.png

Okay, Then I used the command "netstat -an" and I checked if ports 25 (SMTP port) and 110 (POP3 port) were opened, and yes they were.

Then, I finally went to Outlook to see if everything was fine. I created a user in each computer, with the same name and password as I did in the other 2 programs. But this time, I typed the email addresses as: [email protected] and [email protected]

... Okay, when I try to "Receive all mail", in Outlook, it shows an error message:

Account: 'user1', Server: '192.168.0.4', Protocol: POP3, Server response: '-ERR Cannot connect to server 192.168.0.4 (192.168.0.4:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No
    POP, Server error: 0x800CCC90, Error number: 0x800CCC90

Does anyone know what did I do wrong?
    Please help.

Thank you.
    9hththt2 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 07:54 AM

Problem resolved. I just had to install and configure both programs in the same computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem : account POP3, server ISP, Protocol SMTP... error 0X800CCCOD [ 2 Answers ]

PROBLEM: account POP3, server ISP, protocol SMTP, Port 25, secure (SSL):NO, socket error 11001, error # 0x800CCCoD

POP3 Server [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I am new to this format and I have recently encountered a problem while attempting to Email my resume to a prospective employer. It seems each time I try, I get this message, Account POP3. Server: "SMTP". Protocol: SMTP. Port: 25. Secure(SSL): No. Socket Error: 11001. Error...

How to configure free pop3 and smtp in outlook express through yahoo.com [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, Please help me out how to configure the outlook express (free pop3 and smtp) through yahoo.com Regards vijay :confused:

What are my SMTP/POP3 [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to connect my orange broadband email account up to Outlook E but when I test account settings it says my incoming and outgoing servers are failing- what are they? Thanks in advancexx

Problems with pop3 and smtp [ 2 Answers ]

Basically, I haven't got a clue about this, all I want to do is send an error report but don't know how to set this stuff up.:confused:

View more questions Search