Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenmalcolm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 11:56 AM
    Epson Printer
    Just installed a new Epson printer. It's a print/copy/scan model (no: CX2800). Prints OK but cannot scan because of 'ink low' error. Have only printed 3 pages so far & Monitor says I have about 20 pages left.
    How can I override this 'ink low' error - preferably by software means as I don't really want to mess around with their chips.:confused:
    Scargod Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2007, 06:42 AM
    I would contact the manufacturer and/or technical assistance, as it seems something is wrong if it is saying it is out of ink, when it is not. Try taking the ink cartridge out and reinstalling it. See if a new ink cartridge solves the problem. Sometimes they read incorrectly and send an incorrect message to the printer. Have you tried a hard reset (unplugging unit or finding a reset button) or re-installing the software? I would also try resetting everything to the default settings, cancel all pending print jobs, turn the printer off/back on and start over.
    If all else fails, many printer supply places-that sell ink and paper-sell "chips" that tell the firmware or software that the tank is full. These are usually used with bulk ink supply systems or CFS "constant flow system" or CIS (constant ink supply) systems.
    Would be worth seeing if any (like inkjetgoodie.com or inkjetfly.com) have a chip for yours. I hope this is what you are asking for.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Are you scanning or copying? Scanning shouldn't care whether there is any ink. Could be a lemon. If its brand new take it back to the store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Epson 2100 problem [ 1 Answers ]

Printer is streaking apparently black ink from both margins towards the centre, all cartridges are full,with permajet chrome ink, all have been removed and reinserted and nozzle cleaning done, print is fine apart ftom these runs of ink. Used this ink for 18 months with no problems up to now. Any...

Epson salts [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I have mastitus and have been told epson salts are very good for this, can I still buy this now a days and where would I buy this product from? Kind regards

Epson Stylus C65... [ 5 Answers ]

First I want to know if epson printers for example Stylus C65 has a program expiration?. Because months ago after I purchased this product when I print something a message appear saying that a part of my printer near to its end. See documentation... I called a technician and fixed the...

Which printer is best? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a question, slightly similar to another thread, but not quite. I'm looking to buy a printer, just for printing out Word documents, invoices, scripts and that sort of thing. I would be potentially running off about a hundred pages a week minimum. I am sick of paying extortionate...

Epson photo 700 printer [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought an Epson photo 700 printer. It has got the problem that it sometimes prints just a few lines of a document, then pushes the paper through and keeps pushing paper until all of it is gone. It does seem to be a software problem. I have tried all drivers I could find on the web, but...

View more questions Search