Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sharpdoc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 09:46 AM
    I need help setting up my chemistry problems
    I am looking for assistance with setting up chemistry questions.
    Sharpdoc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 09:49 AM

Ultra pure silicone is used to make solid-state devices, such as computer chips. What is the mass of a circular cylinder of silicone that is 12.40 cm long and has a radius of 4.00cm? The density of silicone is 2.33 g/cm3
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 25, 2010, 11:44 AM

I'll help you get started. You multiply the volume of the cylinder in cm^3 by the density in g/cm^3, to get the total mass in grams. The volume of the cylinder is its length times the area of the circle that forms the cylinder's base. Recall that the area of a circle is equal to times the radius squared.

Post back with the answer, and someone will be glad to check it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry reaction problems. [ 1 Answers ]

what is the prediction of the reaction and the chemical equation... 1. chlorine gas is bubbled through a solution of sodium bromide 2. solutions of lead nitrate and calcium iodide are combined. 3. isopropyl alcohol (C3H7OH) is burned in oxygen.

Chemistry word problems [ 1 Answers ]

Chemistry word problems Copper(ll)sulfate + zinc metal...

Chemistry problems [ 4 Answers ]

1) When ammonia gas, oxygen gas and methane gas (CH4) are combined, the products are hydrogen cyanide gas and water. A) write a balance equation B) calculate the mass of each product produced when 225 g of oxygen gas is reacted with an excess of the other two reactants C) if the actual yield of...

Mole problems in chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

A compound that has one sulphur atom per molecule, contains 17.2% of sulphur by mass.What is the relative molecular mass of this compound?

View more questions Search