Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manojdalson Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 02:02 AM
    Want to know the passport no for a person against whom the criminal case is pending
    A person has committed crime & is being prosecuted in the criminal court of law. He wants toleave the country & I want to know his passport no. to stop him leaving this country.

Jan 25, 2010, 02:05 AM

A person has committed crime & is being prosecuted in the criminal court of law. He wants to leave the country & I want to know his passport no. to stop him leaving this country.

Jan 25, 2010, 02:07 AM
    If a person has already left the country & the criminal case is pending against him, can we bring him back to the country & how?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 25, 2010, 02:10 AM
    As a private citizen this information would be meaningless to you as you cannot stop them leaving the country.
    This is an issue for the courts and police.

Jan 25, 2010, 02:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    As a private citizen this information would be meaningless to you as you cannot stop them leaving the country.
    This is an issue for the courts and police.
    Can we apply to the passport office with the copy of the criminal case filed against him to seize his passport?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 25, 2010, 02:13 AM
    This is an issue for the courts and police, NOT a private citizen!

Jan 25, 2010, 02:14 AM

The criminal is lying in the court that he does not have the passport, but I know that he had already travelled before to other countries, in that case, how can we prove to the court that he has the passport?

Jan 25, 2010, 03:21 AM

If the criminal case is pending, can the regional passport office not seize the passport of the person against whom the case is pending?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2010, 04:57 AM

All you can do is ask the DA to make a motion to the judge to order him to turn in his passport.

Depending on the flight risk of the person, they may or may not do this.
    Since the person is merely being tried, they are not convicted it does not mean they can not travel for variouis reasons as long as they are back for court.

And you don't prove to the court he has the passport, the court ( DA) may find out by looking if they want to.

You as a private citizen have no say in this, other than asking the DA to do something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting civil case into criminal case [ 2 Answers ]

I reside in the philippines I have used my credit card like account to withdraw money in order to pay for my sister's hospital bill,in which she cannot afford I wasn't able to pay for it,since they promise that they will be the one to pay it A certain fiscal said I,would be charged criminally...

Case Pending for 10 years [ 1 Answers ]

My case has been pending for over ten years, and I want to know what to do about it? I applied when I was a minor, and now I am an adult. My dad applied for me.

My case is pending [ 1 Answers ]

I applied n 400 April, 05 2006. I was denied because I did not remember my wedding date. So I appel I got interview again 6 month ago they told me they need to review my paper. Still I'm waiting for answer. I got my green card from my wife she is usa citizen I have 3 kids from her we still...

Pending Adoption/Contestment Case [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, everyone. My husband has a 5 year old son with another woman. The child's mother is trying to have her husband adopt the child without my husband's consent. We have a lawyer and we have contested the adoption. My husband has not seen his son in 2 years on account of her leaving the state with...

Civi case pending [ 1 Answers ]

One of my creditors decied to file suit and when their lawyer contacted me they told me that the debt is two years and when they filed suit they marked that the debt is 4 years. How can they mark the suit for 4 years and then tell me it is 2 years before. When you are served with a summons are you...

View more questions Search