Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlfraley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 11:31 PM
    When we flush the toilet water spews out and sewer gases come in
    When we flush our toilets the toilet spews water everywhere and sewer gases are emitted into the air. This only seems to happen when we have a lot of rain or snow melting and during the spring thaw. Does this mean our septic field is not draining, since we just had our septic pumped a while back? I'm afraid of the gases poisoning my kids and being flameable. What can we do to correct the problem? Thanks~
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 25, 2010, 06:48 AM

The first thing you must so is have the septic tank checked and pumped out. It sounds like the rain and melt have saturated the ground so the drain field can no longer function.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet makes loud noise and spews water from inside tank [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, My toilet has been making a loud noise for a long time now - When its flushed, it sounds like a crazy hyenna sound. This sounds lasts for about ten seconds, quite a long time really. When I take the lid off the tank, it spews a single stream of water at me. So, I assume some sort of valve is...

Toilet fills up with water when I flush it but the water doesn't drain away again [ 1 Answers ]

Please please please help me... When I flush the toilet it fills up with water but then the water doesn't drain away again... wht do I do to fix it?

Sewer pipe gases! [ 3 Answers ]

My name is terri22, yes I am new at this, but am in need of a health question do to sewer pipe gases in my office at work. My office was a bathroom at one time, and the company never caped off the sewer line, so there has been bad gases and bad, bad smell coming from this pipe. Along with the...

Worried about sewer gases [ 5 Answers ]

I have a small cottage (750 sq ft) and a septic (not sand mound). A plumber just installed all new plumbing. He added a sewer vent through the foundation to the outside of my house (where the toilet is)- it is 2 FEET tall. He said that vent will let air in to flush and a u shape pipe in the...

Toilet Spews into basement [ 4 Answers ]

Me and the wife are renovating a 1950's home bathroom (first floor). Every time we flushed the toilet the floor around the toilet got wet. When we go down to the basement we see raw sewage spilling from the bathroom. A plumber came through and snaked the toilet out to the street. No fix. ...

View more questions Search