Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TRUNKS Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 08:21 PM
    Race, Ethnicity, and Crime
    Race, ethnicity, and crime and justice. One such challenge is the categorization of race and ethnicity. Compare and contrast the terms race and ethnicity. Discuss the challenge associated with categorizing people of multiracial and multiethnic makeup. List three limitations of official criminal justice data as it relates to race and ethnicity. The quality of criminal justice data is important because it helps us examine if there are racial disparities in the criminal justice system. Compare and contrast disparity and discrimination. List and define the five points along the discrimination – disparity continuum.

I would really appreciated if someone could help me. Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2010, 08:22 PM

I have found in the US, that most crimes are done by Americans, it has me scared, I would have thought illegals were doing most of the crime.

Besides that, as you know, since I am sure you read the rules of the site, we don't do homework here.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 24, 2010, 08:51 PM

Time to crack open the books and do some work. I've already graduated, both high school and college, my homework days are over. Besides, you're asking a lot. Get off the computer and do your homework. That's the only way.

We'll be happy to critique it once you're done, but that's the extent of the help you'll get here, or anywhere.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jan 26, 2010, 04:01 PM

Most people don't want to discuss the link between race and crime because of political correctness so I salute you for having the courage to address this issue. There will be some self-righteous people who criticize you but don't listen to them and lets all have a serious discussion about this issue.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 26, 2010, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Most people don't want to discuss the link between race and crime because of political correctness so I salute you for having the courage to address this issue. There will be some self-righteous people who criticize you but don't listen to them and lets all have a serious discussion about this issue.
    Earl, this is a homework assignment.

I'm more then happy to discuss it, after the OP does the work, writes it up and posts it here. Until then, I'm not willing to give answers while he/she sits at his computer looking for the easy way out.

Feb 11, 2010, 10:05 PM
    Does Racial Minorities Matter?
    Some commentators have raised questions about the quality of legal representation provided to the poor. They have also suggested that racial minorities, who are more likely than whites to be poor, are particularly disadvantaged. Is this necessarily the case? Are racial minorities represented by public defenders or assigned counsel treated more harshly than those represented by private attorneys? If you were an African American, Hispanic, or Native American defendant and could choose whether to be represented by a public defender or a private attorney, which would you choose? Why? Assume racial minorities are more likely than whites to be detained prior to trial. Why is this matter of concern? What are the consequences of pretrial detention? How could the bail system be reformed to reduce this disparity?

Can anyone help.. thank you in advance

Feb 16, 2010, 12:30 AM
    Race/ethnicity and crime?
    In an attempt to understand the relationship between race/ethnicity and crime criminologists have utilized three different sources of data. These are UCR, NCVS, and self-report data. Briefly describe these three sources. Be sure that your description includes two disadvantages for each source. Based on the information provided by these data sources, list 4 characteristics of the typical criminal event. What do UCR data tell us about differences in homicide victimization between blacks and whites? In an attempt to check the reliability of the different crime data sources, researchers have compared results between these sources. What do comparisons between the UCR arrest data and NCVS perceived offender data suggest about law enforcement practices?

I would really appreciated if someone could help me answer this question. Thank you in advance.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 12:32 AM

How about you make an effort, show us what you think the answers might be, and then we'll help guide you from there. We won't do your homework. But if you show you're trying, we can help.

Apr 20, 2010, 10:51 PM
    Racial Discrimination
    In your opinion, what should be done to eliminate racial discrimination in the imposition of the death penalty?
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 12:11 AM

Can I ask where this question is coming from? Is it for a homework assignment? Are you or someone you know being discriminated against? Are you interested in general debate? I wonder because, well, the death penalty and racial discrimination can each stir up heated debates just by themselves. Some people would argue that there is no discrimination, or they not only acknowledge discrimination but they feel its justified or they encourage it. Others will say there shouldn't even be a death penalty.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 03:24 AM

Hello T:

In my opinion, discrimination can't be removed in the imposition of the death penalty.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 04:12 AM

First one has to agree that it is an issue in the death penalty
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 07:16 AM

This is not a legal question with a legal answer but a discussion topic - I think it should be moved.

OP continues to post on race/crime issues and I think we are doing his/her homework!

No, I'll take that back. I just read all of the other posts. We ARE doing his/her homework.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2010, 10:47 AM

Good catch judy.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    good catch judy.

Thanks - I guess we'll all be invited to graduation to share the diploma

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ethnicity: Why Should It Matter? [ 66 Answers ]

I'm not a racist. I was just thinking... Every time I meet someone in this town I always get the question "where are you from?". So I reply "Canada", I was born here. To which they reply "No..what are you?". What is my race. Really. Why should it matter? Would your perception of me...

What ethnicity does this girl look? [ 3 Answers ]

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting And I mean like heritage not like the obvious what colour someone is

Need definition of natural crime and legal crime [ 1 Answers ]

Am doing a college paper on Natural Crime and Legal Crime and am searching for simple definitions or other research on these two types of crime and what falls under each. Thanks:)

Natural Crime and Legal Crime [ 5 Answers ]

I need some help here I am doing a paper on Natural Crime and Legal Crime I need 1500 word and I am stuck at 895. Can anyone give me their thoughts on the subject?

View more questions Search