Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah4kids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 04:13 PM
    What is a silver certificate 1928A worth today?
    This is a $1 Silver Certificate with a series date of 1928A.
    The signatures are N.O. Moody and A.W. Mellon
    The seal and color of the series numbers are blue. There is no star before or after the serial number.
    On the top of the currency is written, SILVER CERTIFICATE
    The note is well creased but there are no tears, holes, or graffiti.

Thanks very much for your help.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2010, 09:35 PM
    Hi, sarah4kids!

I've moved your question out of Other Money & Services to this forum topic area where it will be more likely to get noticed and addressed by our Coins and Currency Expert, Flying Blue Eagle.

He has the current documentation concerning the possible monetary value of such things.

Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 11:46 PM

Satah4kids-The 1928A series ,$1.00 silver certificate you have ,no star, THE
    Signatures are -MOODY AND MELLON;; THE VALUE For this one is,IN VF-20-
    $$25.00 and in UNC -63 it is worth $55.00 NOTE -VF-20 MEANS VERY FINE GRADE 20][UNC.-63 it means {UNCIRCULATED GRADE -20-};; A little history on this subject[THE STARS} When paper money is being printed and a note gets damaged in some way it is oulled out and listed in a record book then put in the furnace and burrned ,then a nother bill is printed to match the DAMAGED NOTE AND LISTED IN THE BOOK<THEN it is placed in the furnace and burrnd }{THEN another note is printed and the only difference in it and the first one is the {STARS} they put on it to show that it is a REPLACEMENT NOTE ;; I hope that I have Answered your questions and if not,JUst come to here and just holler;; Have a great day and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Much is a 1928A Silver Certificate $1.00 Bill Worth in today's Market? [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a 1928A $1.00 bill silver certificate worth?

Would like to know the value of 1928A Silver Certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1928A Series Silver Certificate. I am interested in learning its value. It is in very good condition. Serial number is W32431349A Signed by N.O. Nooss as Treasurer, and AW Mellon as Secretary of Treasury. It has the letter K followed by the numbers 1354 toward the bottom right corner. ...

View more questions Search