Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2010, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by onebaddude1968 View Post
    I understand that the INSURANCE may not pay. I am trying to find out if the liability may fall directly and PERSONALLY on the boyfriend or the landlord themselves. I have seen cases where people have "unintentionally" started a fire while smoking in bed, they were sued and made to pay for the damage. (they were actually sued BY insurance carrier to recoup the loss).

The only way to know if insurance will pay is to file a claim with the insurance company. No one can guess which company will or won't pay.

Please give me citations for the cases where people started a fire while smoking in bed, were sued and "made" to pay for the damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to sue my Landlord-Negligence & Health Hazard [ 10 Answers ]

We rented a house in March of this year. At the end of April we found out we had a major Rat infestation. My husband is allergic to cats, but we got one anyway & this seems to have kept them from coming on the main floor. But the attic has a them big time. My landlord will not have anyone come...

Florida Eviction Law/Landlord Negligence w/Injury [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Broward County and I rent from an apartment complex owned by a corporation. My situation is a little different: I have lived here in this apartment for almost 5 years and I recently broke my ankle outside my front door by slipping on a solicitation flyer for Direct TV service and had to...

Landlord Gross Negligence [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter is 18yrs old and lives in an apartment complex in North Georgia. Recently the apartment complex was purchased by a new owner and it is now managed by a real estate company. At he back of the property are storage buildings behind a locked gate which can be rented by tenants and only the...

View more questions Search