Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyeshae33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 11:19 AM
    Why is slavery wrong
    Why did some people feel that slavery was wrong? How else could the people of the south had taking care of their homes and lands without using slaves
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2010, 11:06 AM
    Hi, tyeshae33!

How about you post what you think about that first, please? If you do that, you're likely to have a lively discussion happen.

Thanks!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2010, 11:19 AM

Why did some people feel slavery was wrong? Well, how would you like to be a slave? To be someone's property? To be forced to work for no pay, just enough food to keep you alive, hopefully a decent roof over your head. I'm sure there's other reasons for being against slavery. But I'm pretty sure the cruelty that went with slavery is a pretty big reason for being against it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2010, 11:22 AM
    Homework question it seems:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/govern...ong-63328.html
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2010, 11:25 AM
    Yes, it has already been asked a number of times on this site.

It would be nice to have a discussion though, in order to help a student to learn.

Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2010, 11:30 AM
    I'm willing to bet the mortgage the OP would not participate in that discussion. :)
    I've seen way too many of these types of questions.
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2010, 11:38 AM
    True and agreed!

It's worth a try, anyway...

I remember when someone asked, about a year and a half ago, about writing a ternary form composition. It went on for many pages. In the end, through questioning by me, it became apparent that the student really didn't know all that much about music and I'm sure, plagiarized the composition that I wrote for him.

He really had no business with trying to write a ternary form composition based upon the level where he was in music. Don't really know how he got into the class or why he took it or, was even accepted into it.

In my opinion though, it's worth a try with teaching, concerning the students who post questions here.

Doing so might even start a trend!

Thanks!
    doreencirillo Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2010, 08:36 PM

Errr.. let's see... they could have done it THEMSELVES and if they couldn't they should not have had such huge plantations... what do people do now if they can't take care of their house or land.. if they can't take care of it themselves or PAY someone to take care of it , then they just don't buy the house or land to begin with.
    Let's put the question a different way... a wealthy plantation owner takes YOU away from your family and forces you to work for no money. You will be given a shack to live in and scraps to eat and if you don't like it you will be whipped.. or maybe worse.. if you have a wife or kids the plantation owner can take them away from you and sell them. Would YOU mind that kind of life? Gee.. but the "poor" plantation owner just needs help.. how else can he take care of his property??
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Read "Uncle Toms Cabin". That should tell you why ! It was morally wrong for people to treat the slaves like animals. No one has a right to own another person , not then, not now. When Jesus died on the cross he didn't do it for the white person only, he did it for everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is slavery wrong? [ 49 Answers ]

Of course I know that slavery is wrong. This is a strictly an exercise in philosophical reasoning. It is easy to say the right things but it is far more important to understand why. So the question is; Why shouldn't I be able to own another human being?

NJ to apologize for slavery? [ 13 Answers ]

Your opinions please... Should states - and Congress - apologize for slavery, or is the mere act of abolishing slavery sufficient? Why or why not? In those states that have officially apologized, has it accomplished anything? Would such an apology "comfort black residents?" Will...

Why slavery is wrong! [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know why slavery is wrong? And I need information from the internet or a specific book on slavery! I know slavery is wrong so don't think I don't know why slavery is wrong but it has to be from a site and it has to be backed up! So please tell me why slavery is wrong!:)

Why is slavery wrong? [ 14 Answers ]

How and why is slavery wrong? :confused:

Slavery [ 9 Answers ]

Is slavery wrong?

View more questions Search