Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannoncowell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 10:24 AM
    My pug mix ate a ham bone and is now vomiting a lot of it up she is slugish
    My pug mix eat a ham bone last night and now she is sluggish vomiting there is a lot of bone in it there is no blood but she won't do any thing but lay around
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 10:40 AM

You need to go to the vet immediately! Cooked bones are horrible.. they can splinter on the stomach and intestinal tract... your dog is throwing up because it doesn't feel good... throwing up can cause some of the bone to get stuck in the throat as well. It's a good thing there is no blood, but you're not out of the woods yet. Dogs will also throw up if they are blocked... none of this sounds good to me:(

If this were my dog, it'd be well worth the emergency cost today!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 24, 2010, 11:29 AM

Agreed. You should never let your dog actually eat the bone. When it starts breaking off pieces it's time to throw away.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 11:37 AM

To the vet. They will at least want to do x-rays, possibly a barium series to see if there is a blockage, and if so, where.
    If there is a blockage somewhere, you are looking at emergency surgery.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 01:40 PM

Go to the vet now!

Don't look for answers here.

Your dog could possibly die if you wait any longer.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2010, 02:24 AM

I very much hope you have been to the vets already.
    Please let us know how you went.

Just a tip if this ever happens again, as soon as your dog eats a bone or anything else sharp and dangerous immediately feed bread and cotton wool balls (you will more than likely have to soak the cotton balls in water and force feed)
    It helps cushion the bones and could stop the bones from perforating internal organs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog ate a pork bone [ 13 Answers ]

My fox terrier ate a pork bone last night and this morning at 6 am he went out to potty and was having trouble pooping. I let him in and out a few times finally when he did go it was in the house and when I cleaned it up I noticed it was hard and had bone fragments in it. Then he started to throw...

My dog is sick because it ate country ham fat. [ 1 Answers ]

Help. Yesterday our family pet dog(aprox. 20 lbs.) ate about 1/2 pound of country ham fat from the garbage. She started throwing up and drinking water. She started passing bright red blood. She is drinking water but not eating. Can anyone help?

Dog ate bone whole [ 2 Answers ]

M small dog ate a rib bone whole. Will he be okay?

My dog ate a pork bone [ 2 Answers ]

My dog ate a cooked pork bone tonight. My dad gave it to her thinking that it was OK because we have given her beef bones and she does good with those. I am worried because I heard that they split and can do a lot of damage. I don't know what to do. She is a lab/beagle mix and about 50lbs. Do I...

6 week old Pug suddenly vomiting - what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

My almost 6 week old pug suddenly started vomiting. I have 4 other puppies and none of them are ill. She is still running around but is whining a lot and shakes. I have not changed her diet. Her stomach feels bloated. She really wants to nurse but her mom is at the vets office for an...

View more questions Search