Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedgate Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 06:05 AM
    Used by permission
    I'm writing a book and I wanted to know can you use newspaper clippings , and jokes off the web as long as you site your source
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2006, 06:27 AM
    You can use excerpts if you cite your source, but you shouldn't use "used by permission" unless you actually have permission.
    Zipper Posts: 116, Reputation: 8

Nov 20, 2006, 05:24 PM
    Jokes off the Web are fair game. For safety gather your clippings and figure out how many papers and/or magazines are involved. Some actually include phrases on the title page on the lines of "extracts and quotes from this publication may used with attribution"
    BUT
    They are more likely to say "no part of this publication may be extracted or quoted without the express permission of the publisher"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permission/privilegees XP home [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot instal a demo to my XP home PC... I am getting the error1321: installer has insuficient privilges to modify file mscomctl.ocx.. I am a user with supervisor/administrator type. Is privilege different from permissions? And how can I make sure I can install this demo? Thanks for your...

Permission forms? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I've been having a bit of concern on the book I'm putting together. It's a book that people contribute their poetry, life experiences and such to. It just came to my attention that I'm going to need a permission form or something along those lines for these people who are contributing...

View more questions Search