Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2003, 12:03 PM
    Installing a toilet 10 feet from a lake
    Hello:

We would like to build a small cabin 10 feet from the lake shore. For the bathroom and water drainage, we cannot put in a typical cess pool, and I don't think we can dig deep enough to install a holding tank. Are there any options regarding alternative toliets and or water drainage systems that are enviormentaly friendly..
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 10, 2003, 03:02 PM
    installing a toilet 10 feet from a lake
    Hey Peter, First off you can not discharge any of your drainage into the lake. This will get you fined and your cabin red tagged. About the only thing you can do, besides installing a chemical toilet, ( a holding tank needs to be pumped) is install a septic tank and drain field. There must be some place on your property where the water table is low enough to let you install a system. My advice, get at least three estimates from a septic system installer. If you wish to do the work yourself, check in at the plumbing page of Ask Me Help Desk and I'll be more then happy to give you tips on how to build a septic system. Be forwarned, there's going to be one hellava lot of shovel work in this project. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reggae version of Swan Lake [ 19 Answers ]

Driving me nuts, have been trying for years to find this, it's an instrumental, prob 70's don't know who it's by, just that it's a reggae version of 'Swan Lake' not sure of proper title either, any help appreciated??

Help me get back on my feet! [ 3 Answers ]

To get straight to the problem... it all started with me losing my job the only thing in my life I was proud of because I worked so hard to get it. I worked for the railroad for 3 years before I was dismissed. My mom was living with me at the time who is a paronoid schizophrenic. Which is very...

Help, about to throw Murray Rider in the bottom of the lake! [ 19 Answers ]

Ok, so I was given this Murray riding lawn mower for free. Guess I found out why. Thought it should have been an easy fix but now I'm so pissed at it. Ive replaced about every damn part and it still won't start. It has an 11hp Briggs and Stratton engine on it. Ive replaced the battery, starter...

Rough feet... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My feets are getting roughs specially heels can anybody tell me any remdy for this or any type of medicine for this broken heels... thanx a lot

View more questions Search