Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ABDALLAH25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 11:04 PM
    How would the accuracy of a specific heat be affected if a half size of metal is used
    How would the accuracy of a specific heat be affected if you use half the size of a metal instead of full size in an experiment?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2010, 05:32 AM

Let's put it like that:

If you have an immense block of metal, it would take more time for the heat from the center to warm up the water in the calorimeter.

During this time, the water can be cooling down, slowly but surely.

Can you answer the question yourself now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate the specific heat of the metal. [ 1 Answers ]

A piece of a metal (34.9g) was heated to about 95C and then added to 550g water with the initial temperature of 28.2C. If the final temperature of the water and the metal is 31.2C, calculate the specific heat of the metal. Do we have any formula for this problem? Thanks

Bismuth's specific heat is 121 J/kgK, the lowest of any non-radioactive metal. What I [ 1 Answers ]

Bismuth's specific heat is 121 J/kgK, the lowest of any non-radioactive metal. What is the mass of a bismuth sample if 25 J raises its temperature 5.0 K?"

Unit conversion of specific heat to heat transfer coefficient (U factor) [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the conversion of "Specific Heat"(KJ/Kg/K) to "Overall Heat Transfer Coefficient"(W/m2/K) for the calculation of heat load. Looking forward for the answers. Immediate reply would be appreciated. Thanks, Rupesh

What size metal conduit should I use? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a cable 1.1 Inches in diameter. The National Electric Code says that a metal conduit cannot be filled more than 60%. It must have 40% of its space free. What size conduit should I use?

View more questions Search