Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jellow2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 08:40 PM
    Why is my cat acting strange
    My cat is 4 and he won't eat at all and he is becoming very skinny he doesn't meow anymore and about 2 days ago he was breathing really fast. What's wrong with my cat?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 10:02 PM

You need to take your cat to the vet right away. Usually heavy breathing is a sign of stress. Your cat is very sick from the sounds of it.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 10:34 PM

Right away means yesterday. You're chancing liver disease if he doesn't already have it. Something caused the cat to stop eating, so you not only need to find out what, but you have to get the cat eating cause a cat not eating can lead to death. i.e. we're not kidding and this is serious. Never ignore a non-eating cat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is acting strange [ 3 Answers ]

I heard my outdoor cat meowing outside... I opened the door... I was thinking she may be hungry so I was getting ready to feed her... once I opened the door she dashed inside... now she is laying on the bed... she is usually not a very loveable cat and now she is letting us pet her and play with...

My cat is acting strange [ 1 Answers ]

My cat rosie is VERY active when we play with her, does a lot of "hunting" I guess you could say. Anyway, we were moving the couch around and rosie got stuck under it, after that happened she wasn't herself for 2 or 3 days then she was back to normal. Now it has been about 2 weeks since that and...

My cat is acting strange [ 12 Answers ]

My cat has recently lost about 4 pounds in a month. She used to be quite large (15 pounds) and very vocal and fun loving. Recently she has been secluding herself and living under my bed not coming out for anything. If you try to stroke her she kind of growls but sounds like she has no energy (she...

Cat acting strange when bringing our cat we had before back home... [ 1 Answers ]

We have three cats; Kittie, Trinie, and Cleveland. The first two are girls and are younger than Cleveland by about 4 years. One of our cats ran away a month ago. I don't know how she got out but we couldn't find her anywhere. Yesterday she turned up in a neighbors yard, and then I brought her...

Cat has been acting strange [ 1 Answers ]

I've just started noticing a change in behavior in my 6 1/2 year old cat. He found a spot under the bed where he spends almost his entire day, except to come out to eat. He doesn't come out as normal when I get up or come home from work, won't come out for treats, won't come when called and...

View more questions Search