Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supafly692 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 03:44 PM
    My boyfriend broke up with me because he still loves his ex will he come back?
    January 30th would have been our 3rd month..I really love him with all my heart. He was dateing a girl before me for 1 year and they broke up back in April. He told me he was completely over her and that he loved me...we had sex 3 times and I feel that jus got us even closer.
    So this past week is when things got rough...I noticed he was acting strange, not talkingto me as much, not always saying "Ilove u" and saying "I'm sleepy" at 10:00 pm...I knew something was up...I figured he was still talking to his ex and i found out he was...he txt msged me last night saying.."I truly feel bad about everything that has unfolded. Truth is i dont know wht im even thinking my mind is working in 2 ways You probably dont wana hear any of this, But i can't go on without even giving u an apolgy . Ur an amazing person truthfully, but i dunno if i was ever ready for a relationship. Dont be so hard on yurself u did nothing wrong in this situation. I think im just at a point where i shouldnt be talking to any girl . I never had bad intentions with u. I thought moving on with u would help me forget about my past , but it only made me realize i wass missing aspects of my previous relationship."

After that he called me and we talked for 2 hours about how he just needs to clear his head. I feel like he wants to chose me or her...I love him so much and i don't kno what i will do without him...Can somebody please tell me what they think?? Will he come back to me?? or will he want to be with her again..even though they always fight (AND she lives in a different city)? I am really confused and heartbroken....And does anyone have suggestion as to what i should do?? stop texting/calling and emailing him??
    Thanks
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2010, 09:13 PM
    Stop calling, emailing or texting him. Delete him from your Facebook.

He's told you how he feels and has been honest, and it seems, kind. He's told you the truth - he's not ready and he needs time and space. It may be that he's having second thoughts about his Ex GF - who knows? Only he can.

It's very sad, hurtful and disappointing for you, but you had a life before him and that was only 3 months ago. Be thankful it's not been 3 years.

It's always wise to be cautious when someone tells you that they love you so soon into a relationship... perhaps next time you can try to be a little more reserved before you give someone your heart and trust.

I'm sorry it didn't work out.
    gigi24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 05:20 PM
    This is what happened to me a month ago. After 3 months with a great guy who appeared TOTALLY keen on me being around longterm he randomly saw his ex who he'd been broken up with for 5 months when he met me. He told me he knew he was still in love with her. They had been together a year and a half although he must of known her longer as she is his best friend's sister. Apparently their relationship was weird, he said he wouldn't have called her his girlfriend and that she often put him in a dark place and he'd never even met any of her friends until the week before she told him it was over. He has said he really cares about me and is really sorry and that we can still be friends, he's just not ready for a relationship now. Was just wondering how things turned out for you?
    avh008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2010, 06:09 AM
    This happened to me last night... he still texts me but I don't text back... it only makes things worser... I listen to trey songz can't be friends... he hurted you to be back with her... dont go back... let it go... and don't go back to him... slowly stop texting him day by day... trust me it will get better for you... move on... find someone who has never really been in love.. and you be the one to change that for them... love will FIND YOU... be patient...
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2010, 08:38 AM

He wasn't ready for a relationship with you to start with because he wasn't over the ex. You ended up being his "rebound" girlfriend.

Be thankful that he realized it this quickly. It's obvious that he's sorry for what's happened and has a lot of respect for you.

Stand up, dust yourself off and move on.
    tvfxqjaejo0ng Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 07:36 AM
    I dated my boyfriend for about 4 months and he went back to his girlfriend of 2 years coming 3.He assured me too that he was over his ex and loves only me and he even was crazy about me.And I believed as he said me loving him was a blessing.But he went back to his girlfriend after he "realises" he still love his girlfriend.Now they are happy together.I feel used at times that I was just feeling the loneliness within him when he had a rough patch with his girlfriend.But move on.. Until now I still hope that he will come back to me.But 1 thing to remember is that if he really did love you he will come back to you no matter what.I guess I have not much hope same as u.And I'm devastated as I love him so so much too.Good luck. :)
    Hlove1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

Nov 22, 2010, 07:38 PM
    I'm so sorry this happened to you :(
    I know it hurts so bad, it happened to me yeasterday. He told me he still "REALLY" loved his ex and had very strong feelings for her and it hurt me so bad because I always wondered why I wasn't enough for him and why I couldn't help him get past her. I am heartbroken but I know I will heal, and I know someday he will come back and I just pray I have a strong enough will not to take him back when he does because the likely hood of him doing this again will be very high.. the thing is, the people that do things like this, its because they don't know what they want, they are unsure. Which is a bad place to be when going into a relationship because you are putting that persons heart on the line and it isn't fair ! I know I couldve heeded some of the warnings before hand though, like him always talking about his ex and mentioning her a lot. I remember before we started actually dating he would tell me she would come over just to watch movies with him still which I thought was bogus and called him out for which I shouldn't of had to even do that, its common sense. For now on if a guy I am interested in talks about their ex a lot or was in a serious relationship with them less them 3 months prior, I'm not being with them because I can't take the chance of being hurt like that again... noone should have too.
    I pray that things get better for everyone who has gone through such, and the ones who did this to us will regret it and soon realize their mistake but unti then, we have to just to life as it comes day by day and know that there is SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, out there waiting for us... we just have to be willing to wait for them too : ) wish you all the best ! Remember your not alone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend just broke up with me but he says he still loves me [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I had a boyfriend he broke up with me like 2 weeks ago,I sent him a poem telling him how I feel and he responded and said Aww I love you but the night he broke up with me he said he loves me but he doesn't care about me because I irratate him, I don't get what that's suppose to mean but I miss...

My ex boyfriend and I broke up 10 months ago he says he still loves me [ 3 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend of 5 years left me about 10 months ago I thought it was getting easier but as the days go on I realized that I truly do love him and he just recently told me he still loves me. I am just really confused because he has had 2 serious girlfriends that he has told me they had both made...

My ex boyfriend broke up with me, I want him back. [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I were dating for 11 months before he dumped me. He was everything to me, he was my life. In the beginning of our relationship, everything was perfect and after a few months I lost my virginity to him because I felt like he was deeply in love with me. Even though I'm only...

My boyfriend broke up with me and I want him back. What do I do? [ 3 Answers ]

After a month of going out, my boyfriend said he was really busy with school, baseball, and friends and didn't have time for a girlfriend anymore. He said he just wants to take a break and eventually get back together when he has more time. But he doesn't really make an effort to talk to me unless...

My boyfriend broke up with me, I want him back [ 2 Answers ]

My Boyfriend broke up with me today reason being I've got a really bad attitude and he can't marry some one like that I cried and begged him for him to forgive me and that I was sorry he showed no remorse it didtn work what do I do?

View more questions Search