Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Birthday in the States
    So Rachel's 3rd birthday is coming up, I'm going to be taking her to the Detroit Zoo.

I know the U.S. does more things for kids on their birthdays than Canada does.

Does anyone know of restaurants that do things like: give a balloon and a free cupcake/sundae?

Or places that do free things for kids on their birthdays?

I'm going to be in the Michigan area but even if your like in Indiana and you know of a certain store that does something for kids I'll try and see if they have one where I'm going to.

I love free stuff- heck who doesn't.

So if you know of a place in Detroit or just a certain chain company.. etc that does stuff let me know!

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 02:42 PM

Wow, really, they do more in the states for kids birthday parties then Canada. What's wrong with the Toronto Zoo in Scarborough, but to be quite honest no zoo is really great this time of year !

If you Google what there is to do in Canada for kids birthday parties, there is really quite a lot. I just googled and found a whole bunch of stuff for Canadian kids !

Tick
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2010, 02:50 PM

I live in Windsor and I don't really feel like driving to Toronto- ahh!

The Detroit Zoo's Aquarium and Arctic center is really nice, Rach loves polar bears.

I already looked around my city and they don't do much around here.

Three years ago my sister's inlaw's children went to Michigan and they got a free meal and some restaurant [I already tried asking but they said they don't remember], free balloons, free zoo entry... stuff like that.

Meh. I'll keep googling.

Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Meh. I'll keep googling.
    I would call restaurants where we might go in order to find out if they will bring out a cake or other goodies for a birthday person. Usually they would. At some, the wait staff would even come over to sing. If they don't, encourage it as a business-builder, especially during these depressed economic times, and you won't even charge a commission. Other places (with pre-notification) will make a fuss, especially over a 3 y/o, and offer a small gift or something special.

Want me to start calling for you?

(I'VE BEEN THROUGH THE WINDSOR TUNNEL MANY TIMES!! )
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2010, 03:25 PM

Thanks WG.

Nah, no thanks I'll do the calling ;)

--eesh Windsor Tunnel, when I go through there it is FREAKY-- leaky and scary. The bridge is scary too... it's all wobbly. It feels like I'm on fear factor.

Here are some things that I found:

•Wendy's gives a free kids meal

•Taco Bell gives a free combo meal of your choice

•Denny's gives a free meal to kids under 10

•Dairy Queen gives a free ice cream coupon in e-mail for kids 16 and under.

•Burger King gives a free kids meal to all kids club members

•Bob Evans gives a free Kids Meal for kids under the age of 12

•Applebees gives a free dessert

You can get a free pass to Disney and Ontario Place on your birthday

Pretty neat stuff!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    --eesh Windsor Tunnel, when I go through there it is FREAKY-- leaky and scary. The bridge is scary too... it's all wobbly. It feels like I'm on fear factor.
    We used to drive through the tunnel when we were younger and braver. The smell alone was... um... scary. The bridge was the better choice back in the day, but bridges, just like people, get old. Hmmmm, guess my days of driving through Windsor are over. (My parents and sibs are in the Rochester NY area, and I've been here around Chicago since forever.) Canada is bee-you-tee-ful though.

Here are some things that I found:
    Yay, she called places!! No one sings??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whose Birthday? [ 3 Answers ]

Whose Birthday? A mother took her three-year-old daughter to church for the first time. The church lights were lowered, and then the choir came down the aisle, carrying lighted candles. All was quiet until the little one started to sing in a loud voice, "Happy birthday to you. Happy...

His birthday [ 2 Answers ]

Hey people, hope your all well, I'm just after some idears on what to do for me fella birthday, I have no more money to spend but this is his 1st birthday since we been together, I'd love to make it real special, an gifts from the heart mean so much more... maybe you done something for your fella's...

What Do I get for his birthday? [ 4 Answers ]

Wondering what to get my guy for his birthday. They are so hard to buy for. We are a day apart on birthdays. Got him cigars, he likes those. Not sure what else though> Help?!

Spouse full time residents in separate states : states taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I got married in Dec 2006. He was a full time CA resident in 2006 and still lives there and got income only from CA. I was a fulltime Kentucky resident in 2006 and still live here and got my income only from KY. We can file federal taxes jointly. But what do we do for state...

Birthday [ 3 Answers ]

Hello you, :) Im not sure if I'm posting in the right area, but here goes. In 1 months time its my hubby's 31st birthday. I would love to do something special for him. My restrictions at the moment is money, we don't have any of it right now, going through a struggling stage. Would...

View more questions Search