Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goshawk8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 12:44 PM
    I replace my Thermostat but the fan is not work, how can I check/test the fan unit?
    I replace my Thermostat, when try to test fan On function, the fan is not working? How can I check/test the fan unit, and verify if the fan or the thermostat is bad?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 01:50 PM
    The G wire terminal and Green wire are what controls the fan. Check wiring to be sure all is correct. Post brand and Exact model number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Test a fan in ac unit? [ 4 Answers ]

Without pulling it out of the unit, is there a way to test a fan? I took the red and green wires off the tstat and put them together and still no fan. I put a new capacitor in and still get nothing. I wanted to see if there is a way to easily test the fan to see if it works. Thanks.

Blower Fan doesn't work after installing thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I was installing a new Rite Temp digital thermostat to replace my old, but still working Weathertron. I connected all of wires properly, even tested it before I permanently mounted it to the wall and the A/C and furnace blower fan worked fine. Apparently, as I was attempting to push the excess...

A/C blows (outside unit is turning) when heat/auto fan is chosen on Thermostat [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first post (I'm glad I found this site - it looks very robust)... so go gentle on me. :p I have a GMC (Goodman) A/C / Heater unit. It's about 12 years old and runs great. Before I get started, I did do a search on this problem and the search engine came back w/nothing. ...

Carrier Central ac Unit- fan does not work-humms [ 1 Answers ]

My carrier central unit does not work. On the outside condenser part the fan does not move it only humms and sometimes it is just silent. Can that part be repaired and where can I get the part? The unit is very hot outside. I am near atlanta Georgia. Thanks

Replace a Hampton Bay Fan or a remote control for a new fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have two ceiling fans with four lights in the same room. One fan doesn't work. Was told that the motor is bad. Would like to find another or the same fan Hampton Bay model 523 971(523-974) or a similar fan in antique gold with four lights. Found one that is similar from Home Depot Hampton Bay...

View more questions Search