Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quiversfull Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 12:18 PM
    Is adultery against the law in North Dakota
    Is it against the law in North Dakota to commit adultery... what is the penalty... does it have to be a spouse that complains
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 12:28 PM

Yes, it's a crime in North Dakota but apparently it is something that is not enforced. Jail time could be imposed, theoretically.

Are you a party to the adultery, a bystander? Do you have proof of a SEXUAL relationship, not just a feeling or a guess? I'm an investigator. A lot of people think they have proof which is really just an educated guess.

Any person can report a crime.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 02:59 PM
    You're right Judy- it seems to be one of those ancient laws by today's standards. Much like it's against the law to walk more than two donkey's downtown after 10 p.m.

The last known case of an adultery charge before the North Dakota Supreme Court is found in a 1925 opinion.
    http://www.glapn.org/sodomylaws/usa/.../ndnews002.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical Care in North Dakota [ 2 Answers ]

Medical Care in North Dakota .A doctor in Bismarck wanted to get off work and go hunting, so he approached his assistant. 'Ole, I am goin huntin' tomorrow and don't want to close the clinic. I want you to take care of the clinic and take . care of all my patients'. 'Yes, sir!' answers...

Emancipation in North Dakota [ 7 Answers ]

If I am a parent at 17 and can support myself and my family (my son and fiance) can I get emacipated and receive legal aid (housing) in the state of North Dakota?

North Dakota Humor [ 1 Answers ]

Is That Mule For Sale? Germans Farmers in South Russia had a settled communal village life. There was a distinct sociality with relatives and friends, with regular church celebrations, weddings, and funerals. But when members of this ethinic groups immigrated to North Dakota, and were...

North Dakota [ 1 Answers ]

I'm writing a book that takes place in North Dakota, near Bismarck. Any information about the area would be helpful, like the landscape, climate, and especially the dialect... What kind of accent do people there have, and what slang do they use, etc. Thanks!

View more questions Search