Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letitbe1111 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jan 23, 2010, 12:13 PM
    A 1,000 dollar lesson?
    I recently was going through my debt. I'll admit I NEVER balance my account. Now I saw a charge each month for 35.00. I looked into it and it turns out, they have me down as receiving a credit card protection. I NEVER signed up for this, but somehow it's been going on since 2007! I swear, until this statement, I never noticed the charge. I'm not sure why either... I feel like a complete idiot, I'm not usually this careless with money. Anyone out there a banker or financial wiz who can help me get this straightened out? I promise, I never signed up for this, because everything I've read about these programs has said they aren't worth the money...
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Jan 23, 2010, 12:23 PM

Do you have the copy of the credit card application that you signed? We all have to balance our check books and look closely at our credit card statements each month. Call the cc company and ask to see the paperwork that you signed letting them charge you each month.You may have agreed to it and not even known it uness you were paying close attention. This day and time we all have to be on "high alert" were our money is concerned. Let this be a lesson learned and pay close attention to where your money is going
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 02:24 PM

Ouch! An expensive lesson for sure. It depends on which credit card your obtained and as DownUnder said above you more than likely unwittingly signed up for this "service" at the time you obtained the card. If the CC company won't refund any of this charge be sure that they at least cancel this portion of the unwanted service immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

On July 1, 2010, Brower Industries Inc. Issued $32,000,000 of 10-year, 12% bonds at a [ 1 Answers ]

On July 1, 2010, Brower Industries Inc. Issued $32,000,000 of 10-year, 12% bonds at an effective interest rate of 13%, receiving cash of $30,237, 139. Interest on the bonds is payable semiannually on December 31 and June 30. The fiscal year of the company is the calendar year. Instructions: ...

12,000 dollar investment not paid back [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there.. I opened a tattoo studio with a so called good friend credit was shabby but I had the money to open the business so what we did was put the store lease and business licence in the partners name till we succured the location then we were supposed to go to a lawyer and have everything...

The firm currently uses 50,000 workers to produce 200,000 units of output per day. Th [ 1 Answers ]

The firm currently uses 50,000 workers to produce 200,000 units of output per day. The daily wage (per worker) is $80, and the price of the firm’s output is $25. The cost of other variable inputs is $400,000 per day. Although you don’t know the firm’s fixed cost, you know that it is high enough...

View more questions Search