Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    First Lady Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jan 23, 2010, 10:59 AM
    Bio Claire
    Hi Guys,

It's been quite some time since I've done any post because I was so distraught about my skin. It STILL looks like goobers and raisinets, although somewhat better. It appears that the burns suffered from a cream combo I used looks like hyperpigmented scars. I did start using bio claire but then I stopped because I visited another dermatologist. Still, I've gotten no help. Currently, I'm using G&G lightening body crème all over my legs twice a day, then I'll apply Hypprogel oil on the spots only. I cannot say that I'm seeing results; thought I might as well finish using them before trying anything else. Well, I keep reading the posts about bio claire and once I'm finished with I'm using now, I'll switch back to using the bio claire cream and oil. I'll keep everyone posted when I start using bio claire and the attained results (if any). In the meantime, I'll stay encouraged.
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Jan 23, 2010, 11:29 AM

What combo did you use?

Jan 23, 2010, 12:11 PM
    An acquaintance gave me Neoprosone - Gel and Tenovate Gel. I'm not sure if the Neoprosone is the real thing as I'm seeing Neoprosone Gel in a different tube. Anyway, I mix both the Neoprosone and Tenovate Gel with Nadinola and used a q-tip to apply to small spots on my legs and arms. This was done after using HQ-AHA 4% given to me by my dermatologist which made the spots even darker. The combo used (only because my dermatologist NEVER seem to have the cream for sensitive skin in stock which he recommended) produced DISASTROUS results. What was so horrendous for me was that I never felt my skin burning. One day I put the cream combo on, went to work and by the time I came home, wherever I put the cream burned my skin, and the spots became the size of a quarter. Scabs formed and it turned the color of molasses. I feel so much like a freak.
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Jan 23, 2010, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by First Lady View Post
    Hi Guys,

It's been quite some time since I've done any post because I was so distraught about my skin. It STILL looks like goobers and raisinets, although somewhat better. It appears that the burns suffered from a cream combo I used looks like hyperpigmented scars. I did start using bio claire but then I stopped because I visited another dermatologist. Still, I've gotten no help. Currently, I'm using G&G lightening body creme all over my legs twice a day, then I'll apply Hypprogel oil on the spots only. I cannot say that I'm seeing results; thought I might as well finish using them before trying anything else. Well, I keep reading the posts about bio claire and once I'm finished with with I'm using now, I'll switch back to using the bio claire cream and oil. I'll keep everyone posted when I start using bio claire and the attained results (if any). In the meantime, I'll stay encouraged.
    Hi! I just want to say I used bio claire last year and it took me an entire year for the spots it gave me to fade away so just don't think it won't happen to you. It was a disaster. It lightened me a lot but it doesn't worth it.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2010, 04:48 PM
    First Lady the best way to prevent the hyperpigmented scars from recurring and to improve the appearance of your current scars you'll have to discontinue the use of Hyprogel oil, Bio Claire products (including all other products made from Nouvelle Parfumerie Gandour who produces Bio Claire and G&G products), Civant, etc because they are all tainted and adulterated with steroids which will give fast lightening and then cause the breakdown of the skin.

Exfoliating regularly with AHAs such as mild lactic acid peels or a retinol such as tretinoin (retin-a) to help remove the damaged skin, and fade the discolorations. How long did you use retin-a and at what percentage? 0.1% applied to my arms was too strong, but 0.05 and 0.025%, as well as lactic acid has worked best so far.

This will help increase your skin cell turnover rate so that your skin's elasticity will be increased since it is weak and possibly thinned due to the use of the adulterated products. Use a non-steroid skin lightener so that your skin will still lighten without the damaging effects and still heal. If your dermatologist has not been able to prescribe to you the product for sensitive skin during the amount of time that he had, I would switch dermatologists and one that has experience working with people of different ethnicities is a plus.

Jan 27, 2010, 11:04 PM
    Hi Guys,
    Here's an update because I just have to tell someone. I stop using hypprogel oil with the C&G cream because I did notice that my legs started looking darker. I had thought it was my imagination until I read elsewhere that some people experienced the same thing with the hypprogel oil. Well, out of desperation I started using the bio claire cream on my legs twice a day, morning after showering and evening before going to bed. After rubbing the cream all over my legs, I would then take a q-tip and apply the oil on the spots only. After it's absorbed into my skin, I would then get dressed and move on from there. Well, call me crazy but I have noticed that the spots on my legs looks lighter. Now, I started using this on 1/24/10. Today's date is 1/28/10, and what I have noticed is that the very dark spots are breaking up, and would peel away to reveal new skin underneath which is lighter. I'm in shock at what I'm seeing, and at the same time, happy with what I'm seeing. If my eyes are not deceiving me, I'm thinking that my skin could have been cleared up a year ago. I'ts been almost two years since my skin got burned. I am so encouraged, more so now because of the very fast results from using bio claire cream and oil. I will post weekly updates as to the progress of my skin. Thanks to ALL for keeping me encouraged.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 01:52 AM

... so, switching from one steroid to another... smh? Good luck!!

Jan 28, 2010, 04:44 AM
    Hi Guys,
    Here's an update because I just have to tell someone. I stop using hypprogel oil with the C&G cream because I did notice that my legs started looking darker. I had thought it was my imagination until I read elsewhere that some people experienced the same thing with the hypprogel oil. Well, out of desperation I started using the bio claire cream on my legs twice a day, morning after showering and evening before going to bed. After rubbing the cream all over my legs, I would then take a q-tip and apply the oil on the spots only. After it's absorbed into my skin, I would then get dressed and move on from there. Well, call me crazy but I have noticed that the spots on my legs looks lighter. Now, I started using this on 1/24/10. Today's date is 1/28/10, and what I have noticed is that the very dark spots are breaking up, and would peel away to reveal new skin underneath which is lighter. I'm in shock at what I'm seeing, and at the same time, happy with what I'm seeing. If my eyes are not deceiving me, I'm thinking that my skin could have been cleared up a year ago. I'ts been almost two years since my skin got burned. I am so encouraged, more so now because of the very fast results from using bio claire cream and oil. I will post weekly updates as to the progress of my skin. Thanks to ALL for keeping me encouraged.
    Good luck First lady:) I'm very happy to read that you have fast results with BC. You know we are not here to scare you or to be rude.I and others have experimented the same fast results with this product and the same thing happened after! But maybe you will be a lucky one.I think it is not bad at all to be your own dermatologist because here in france there are only white dermatologists and they don't know what to do with brown skin!for example none of them told me about retin a or lactic peel :mad:when it works so fast and well... they advised me to use a treatment for a long period like 6 months without being sure of the results at the end:confused:

Jan 28, 2010, 09:14 AM
    Obviously Golden Girl, your skin is not laden with spots so dark that even opaque panty hose and heavy leg makeup is not covering it. Also, maybe you haven't had to wear pants all summer when the temperature is at times, 90 degress and you yearn to wear a skirt but cannot. I am not trying to change my complexion because I love being who I am. However, every dermatologist I've been to bought about a worse situation on my skin. Their chemical mixtures irritated my skin, made it red and then my skin turned dark when the redness went away. Apparently, you don't have the same skin that I do. I was also given Retin A and that irritated my skin by turning it red, and AGAIN my skin turned dark due to the irritation. My extreme skin situation started when one dermatologist gave me a cream mixture with Glycolic acid and hydroquinone to help clear up minor dark spots on my arms and legs. He was quite surprised when he saw the results of the mixture which is why he switched me to a cream for sensitive skin, and he NEVER had it in stock. That's when I tried a cream combo which made the situation worse. Using bio claire is really the first time I have seen some evidence of my skin clearing and you are talking steroids?? Well, if the "steroid" is going to clear my skin then so be it. It is certainly more than the resuts I received from so many dermatologist I've visited, and spending so much money without seeing results. One dermatologist gave me a prescription for a lactic acid cream which cost me $67. This dermatologist told me it would take about 2 years for my skin to clear up with the use of the lactic acid cream. Well, using this cream made my skin look very smooth and moist, but the spots DID NOT budged. I've also done TCA peels because it's suppose to be more gentle on black skin. However, that DID NOT work either. Instead it made the situation worse because of the irritation which led to making the spots darker. For now, I'll stick to the bio claire and oil combo, and when my skin clears up, that's when I'll stop using the "steroid".
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2010, 02:19 AM
    Obviously FirstLady,
    You haven't read the hundreds of posts and threads of what all that crap has done to other people's skin (and what it did internally to them is far beyond dark spots) and yes including myself. So your far from the only one that's been through it, and far from the last Legs? That's only the beginning..
    So I indeed know for a fact and (as well as some others know) that it was not a badge of honour I enjoyed people to see nor am I interested in playing "who has had the worst, ugly, biggest dalmation spots?" game, as it isn't a game or something to toy around. Thankfully, I was able to do what some others recommended and trash what I was using, and focused on what could not only fix the symptoms but also the causes. And prevent it from happening again.. and again.. and again.. and again... because history will only continue to repeat itself and symptoms will continue to reoccur as long as we choose to ignore the actual cause instead of taking the bull by the horns and stop the cause indefinitely, before damage becomes permanent and then what?

I did not say you have to go to a dermatologist as if was your only option, but if you were going back to them to at the least search for one who specializes working with people of color's skin and with the similar issues to yours so that they will not have to guess around of what there doing. If that was your choice to later go back. People even speak with previous, patients about a specific derm. Do not try and twist words. I never had a derm in my life and have always had to treat my sensitive skin, closest to a derm I had were the times when I had to go to the emergency room for bad skin reactions caused from certain fabrics to some brands of soap and skin products, &/or certain ingredients that seeped into my system causing bad effects.. and these were not skin lightening related. So that is nothing new for me. I should have went after using steroid crap if I had known that it wasn't an allerigic reaction, but actually from me rubbing industrial crap that began to seap into the bloodstream causing who knows what further damage. Steroid products has a tendency to most likely be the same culprit product who has a tract record for posting no warnings, no labels, incomplete ingredient lists if any at all, refuse responding to contacts' concerns, and yet it's being sold to people they could care less about and probably secretly hoping for the worst for all of us because we choose to be naïve and gulllable.
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2010, 02:27 AM
    But, I regret even attempting to try and assist you, because your going to hear only what you desire to hear anyway, nor were you ever planning to listen if it does not agree with your logic as you have already made up your mind before asking the question. But it is not in my nature to sugar coat anything for anyone, not even for myself because sugarcoating only holds people back... I can't do it, even if people are offended with what I say, that is not my intent as I rather lay all the cards on the table or none at all.

As the saying goes "trick me once, shame on you. Trick me twice, shame on me. Trick me three times and I get what I deserve".. and personally I hate tricks because I didn't come to attend a magic show. I came to lighten without jacking up my skin again and some prefer that option too. And still maintain good health. But there are reliable lightening products as well as shady products that try to pass off as lighteners who are guilty for selling any little crap "magic" potion they can find in a bottle to those they could care less about... if rat poison could lighten they'll be pouring it into a jar quick and market it to us all. For me and many others again: been there, done that... it is a slow death, no thanks. But I said all I could say. I'm finished, as some people are only capable and have the ability of learning the hard way or no way at all. Everything does not work for everyone, that is a common fact. But there is ALWAYS other better options to lighten... and no one should feel in the heat of desperation as though that is their only option. Because it is not and because that crap needs to be banned and burned so that other unaware, naïve, innocent, and gullable people will not be able to get to it again.

There are far more options that has potential to work for you with success other than the products, ingredients, and methods that did not work for you whether you are aware of the facts or not. But, I won't even bother mentioning them as I already regret even trying to care. I am unable to support the damage that one chooses to do to themselves on purpose and deliberately when they are already aware of what they are doing and what it can further do. And I regret ever referring people in the past to use these same very products that will endanger them in ways they can not imagine plus also jacking their skin up. Because, if I had known before, I would have never supported them doing this to themseleves.. that's just so wrong. I have a conscious, though that offends you.
    Caramel1989 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2010, 12:35 PM
    Hi Guys,

It's been quite some time since I've done any post because I was so distraught about my skin. It STILL looks like goobers and raisinets, although somewhat better. It appears that the burns suffered from a cream combo I used looks like hyperpigmented scars. I did start using bio claire but then I stopped because I visited another dermatologist. Still, I've gotten no help. Currently, I'm using G&G lightening body creme all over my legs twice a day, then I'll apply Hypprogel oil on the spots only. I cannot say that I'm seeing results; thought I might as well finish using them before trying anything else. Well, I keep reading the posts about bio claire and once I'm finished with with I'm using now, I'll switch back to using the bio claire cream and oil. I'll keep everyone posted when I start using bio claire and the attained results (if any). In the meantime, I'll stay encouraged.

I know someone who used G&G and it s really worked for her but it took so long like 7 month to get her full reults... I wanted to use it too butsince I have oily skin it made me break out :( so I'm thinking of trying bio clair.im using a carrot flavour lighteneing cream.. ill check out the name when I get home and let you know.. its been just over 2month and I've lightened 1 shade... hmm its slow but I takes time.. I give it 5month.. I also use baking soda with water to wash my face.. its a great exfoliant... I just started that yesterday
    CariBaybee Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 10:20 PM
    Is bioclaire permanent??

Feb 26, 2010, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CariBaybee View Post
    is bioclaire permanent??????
    No not at all.
    stacymica Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Mar 14, 2010, 08:01 PM

Never put bioclaire on your face I learned my lesson you will be much lighter much faster but you will break out and get black marks. They say everyone is different but this seems to be the side effect almost everyone has experienced.
    Caramel1989 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Mar 15, 2010, 05:12 AM

Aww that sux... why can't it work and not have side affects geez

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you mix Bio Claire Cream with bio claire lotion ? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you mix Bio Claire Skin Lightening Cream in Tube with bio claire lotion to work faster.

Bio Claire [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am new here and I bought my Bio Claire product yesterday i.e the Cream, Lotion and the Oil. I was wondering if you can use Proactive acne treatment together with the Bio Claire and I want to know if it is safe too?:) and when will I be seeing results because I started using it last...

How to get Bio Claire [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 24yr old half Arabian half somali and I have uneven skin tone.I decided to order Bio Claire online after reading many positive reviews about it on this site.The problem is that I work in Africa and none of these sites ship this product to Africa :(I've tried Ebay,Guesso,Afribest with no...

Bio claire [ 4 Answers ]

I have been using bio claire on a consecuitive basis for about 2 months now. The results are absolutoy phenominal. My skin is about 5 shades lighter. I am complimented all the time on my progression. By continuing to use the product day after day will I put myself at risk.

View more questions Search