Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12help Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 12:51 AM
    Where can I get "Mastering the NEC 2008 12 Volume DVD Set" under $150?
    I need to get a great deal of understanding about electricity and its field. I came across this DVD set titled "Mastering the NEC 2008", yet it seems a bit pricey... (about $500.00) .I was able to find one set for $320.00 which is still over what I am looking to spend. I am sure that the material that is recorded on the DVDs is very valuable, yet my budget is not there...
    Any advise?Have anyone purchased this? Can one learn a great deal just by watching this set?
    I am hoping to find it for under $150.00
    I wonder if there is some other video support that I can access at no cost////?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 05:19 AM
    Stiff price for something that changes every three years. This edition will be obsolete in 2011 when the new revisions come out.

Don't know where you can find it cheaper, you can Google as well as I can.

I suspect the price will be cheaper the closer we get to 2011.

You can read only for free the NEC, or any other NFPA standard, here:

NFPA 70: National Electrical CodeŽ
    12help Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 10:07 AM

Thanks for the info.. I am not planning on taking the NEC exam anytime soon. I am interested in learning as much as I can about electricity and its "Ins and Outs" in a short period. I can't think of any other way where I can gain maximum amount of material quickly than a video session. I am sure I could start reading related books, but it will not provide the visual support as DVD does. I was hoping that there might be a place on the net where I can pay a membership fees to access all the material in a video format..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My heat keeps running well after it's met the desired "set" room temperature [ 19 Answers ]

I have a Lennox electric furnace (heat pump w/ aux heat I believe) that's about 10 years old. The thermostat is a basic Honeywell digitial. The problem at hand is that the furnace only shuts off it you lower the temp setting 2-3 degree's below the room temp. It eventually kicks back on though...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

"That's the way you work it" in chorus of this hiphop song in 2008 or 2009. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Please help me find the song title or artist of the song I am looking for. The lyrics is quite unclear for me. Some words are "then do it (2x) and "that's the way you work it". I heard this song just this year or last year. It is a hiphop song. A nice one. Thanks.

"dirty" volume switch [ 3 Answers ]

On a older technics tuner for house components when you adjust the volume and it crackles they say it is a "dirty switch" is there any way to fix this problem without having to track down parts for this ancient tuner?

View more questions Search