Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aj6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 08:41 PM
    (replacing)instaling shower on cement floor
    Putting in a shower on cement slab. Took out existing shower have a new shower to put in. But the holes for the drain don't match up.
    Sky4601 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 08:45 PM

Do you have room to elevate the new base? Or you can just go with tile and a floor drain.
    aj6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 09:32 PM
    YES I have room to elevate the new base.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower on cement floor [ 5 Answers ]

I want to add a shower to our basement, the plumbing is not there. How do I put the shower plumbing in? Do I have to cut into the main pipe for the shower? Do I have to cut into the cement, or can the plumbing be installed above the cement? Thanks

Cement Shower floor finishing for tile [ 3 Answers ]

We poured a mortor walk-in shower and curb. I sanded the shower floor and put the tile down. It didn't want to stick, so I removed the tile and sanded it again. It seems to be grity (sandy) is this the way it's suppose to be? Or what do I need to do. We can't afford a contractor at this time. Could...

Tile directly to cement basement floor to create shower [ 6 Answers ]

A year ago I had to rip out a small neo angle shower in my basement because it backed up. It has a metal strainer on it that rusted shut and the floor drain was not above the shower pan drain to be reached. Also, it turns out that under the plastic shower pan of the previous shower, the tiling...

Steps to building a shower base on cement basement floor [ 2 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. I want to build a custom - tiled shower base in my basement (cement floor). The area already has the rough in for the shower. I have read the steps for building the base if you need to lay a sub floor i.e Subfloor, tar paper,metal lath, floor mortar, laminating...

Raising a shower off a cement floor [ 1 Answers ]

My home has provisions for a bathroom roughed into the cement basement floor. There is a toilet flange and two drain pipes, one for a sink and another for a shower. The drainpipe for the shower sticks up through the floor approximately three inches. The center of the drainpipe is 20 inches away...

View more questions Search