Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khatvany89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 07:58 PM
    Neolithic villages and early urban societies
    What are the main differences between Neolithic villages and early urban societies such as found in Mesopotamia, Palestine, and Egypt. What do you think are the most significant differences and why? How did these differences help shape the development of what we term world "civilizations"? By using the term civilization, what cultures or peoples get left out of the historical narrative? Is this omission fair?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 04:35 AM

Between about 8000 and 3500 B.C. some Neolithic villages had developed into small cities of a few thousand people. Since these first cities appeared, people have built cities for many reasons. The cities have differed in size and layout, and they have had a variety of economic, governmental, and social systems. But all permanent settlements--from Neolithic village to giant city--needed four main features to begin and to grow.
    These features were:-.
    (1) advances in technology,
    (2) a favorable physical environment,
    (3) social organization, and
    (4) population growth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Other societies' languages, and speaking them. [ 7 Answers ]

This is a question for people who speak english as a second language. Whenever I see a Hispanic person, I like to say "hola" instead of "hello." I like to say "bonjour" to French people, "servus" or "gutten tag" to Germans, etc. for each language I know. However, when I do so, I usually...

Particulars regarding the income of two villages are given below: [ 2 Answers ]

particulars village x village y no. of people 500 600 average income Rs 186 Rs 175 variance of income 81 100 i.what is the average income of the village x and y taken together and what is the combined variance?...

Urban Legend: PSPhone? [ 6 Answers ]

I've heard with some version of PSP, you can simultaneously use it as a PSP and a phone... free of charge. How do you go along doing this?

View more questions Search