Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lewh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 05:26 PM
    A black tab inside the Amilo Li 2735 laptop?
    All right guys, never used this site before, but I'm a bit confused about something I managed to find inside my laptop and can't find the user guide for answers.

Basically, I think a couple of screws came loose over time underneath and one of the panels has fallen off (and surprise surprise, the screw is nowhere to be found). This panel that's fallen off is on the right hand side, just next to the CD drive. Its just to the right of the laptop details if you look at it underneath. The panel fell off and there's a little black tab inside connected to a metal box. I have no idea what this is...

I was wondering if anyone can help me out? Cheers guys
    Lewis
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2010, 04:08 PM

That is probably the hard drive. Technically the panel does nothing but conceal it, however it does offer it some protection. It may be hard to find a replacement screw, any PC repair shop or maybe even best buy could probably give you one for free. Bring the whole thing along and you may be able to get it repaired right there for no more than $10. If someone brought a problem that simple to my shop I would do it for free, and earn a new customer.

Jan 23, 2010, 04:35 PM

Ah cool, cheers mate! Do hard drives normally have little wafer thin black plastic tabs sticking out of them though? One of my mates suggested potentially a warranty tab
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 04:39 PM

Tak a pic and post using go advanced/manage attachments.

Jan 23, 2010, 04:50 PM

Hopefully this will work! Excuse the dust if it does.

Also, I have just learnt how to send an email from my phone to my laptop. You learn something new everyday!
    Attached Images

ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2010, 04:54 PM

Yep that's the hard drive and the tab is used to pull it out if you need to.

Jan 23, 2010, 04:56 PM

Awesome, cheers man! Saves me worrying about being careful not to knock it in case it falls out and there goes my warranty! Much appreciated sir.
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 06:50 PM

I can't link directly. Looks like #15 on page 12 of the manual. support manuals.html Fujitsu

It looks like the HD connector, but not really sure.

Tabs like this are used to help you remove connectors etc on laptops.
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 12:58 AM

Is that an HP??

Just wondering how my visual recognition is doing...
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2010, 04:48 AM

Fujitsu - If you read the above link

Your Visual Recognition is poor.
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2010, 01:42 PM

Hah... I guess so.
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2010, 05:19 PM

Yea, either 20/20 hindsight or a "Blond moment".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have black soot inside our oven and our furnace. What is the cause? [ 2 Answers ]

We have propane appliances and heat. Our furnace and oven are filled with black soot. What would cause this? My daughter mentioned letting the propane get low may be the cause. We did let it get low once about three fills ago. Can someone assist with this issue?

Tiny black bugs inside & out [ 2 Answers ]

I have really small black bugs in my kitchen & around my tub. They are also all along the outside of my trailer on the skirting around the whole perimeter. My neighbor has them also. I live in Alabama & it is very hot here. A terminix guy (who is another neighbor) said they are sewer flies, but...

AMILO Li 2735 Notebook. [ 30 Answers ]

Hello everyone does this laptop semm good? I am thinking of purchasing it here is a link to its specifications: http://sp.fujitsu-siemens.com/dmsp/docs/ds_amilo_li_2732__li_2735.pdf Thanks.

Laptop Screen Goes Black [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I bought a Sony VIOA laptop last summer and about 4 months after the screen started going black, however the power is still on. Additionally, if I move the top back and forth to a particular position the screen will come back. The computer does not shut down or anything, the screen just...

Laptop Monitor Totally Black [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I put my Toshiba Satellite laptop on sleep. I came back a few minutes later and pressed enter, it stayed black. I waited to see if it would come back a few minutes later. It didn't, so I turned it off and restarted it. The power light was on and I could hear the computer running but...

View more questions Search