Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brownsugar Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 11:33 PM
    Well I'm back to update on what happened. I went to the check up but they haven't tested me yet cause I have to go on a 10 hour fast before hand. As far as them checking for pot I asked another doctor and he said they wouldn't check me unless I asked asked them to. My family doctor gave me a sheet on which he check marked what he was looking for including blood glucose.ect.. he didn't check the box where it says (drug screen test) so I'm pretty sure that would have been the test for that. I can go for the ACTUAL checkup anytime but it doesn't matter cause I'm not worried anymore.

As far as what else has been brought up and said on here, I can't agree more with the point talaniman was making. My view on drugs as a whole excluding marijuana is negative.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Nov 26, 2006, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownsugar

As far as what else has been brought up and said on here, i can't agree more with the point talaniman was making. my view on drugs as a whole excluding marijuana is negative.

What do you mean excluding marijuana? Listen, you have to get this straight. Marijuana is bad for you and you have a serious addiction. That's what pretty much everyone here is saying. You're in denial, and the first step of losing an addiction is admitting you have a problem.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 26, 2006, 05:02 AM
    Because you use illegal drugs does not make you an addict. Under the law you are a criminal. Because you drink does not make you an alcoholic. Under the law you are not even a criminal. When your use of whatever, causes problems in your life, and you cannot change it, then you may be considered an addict (or alcoholic). To put a blanket over all who get high is not realistic or fair as there are plenty who Do have this problem and would have it no matter what their drug (drink) of choice may be. Aspirin, and prescription drugs are just as bad for you as anything the sleazeball down the street is selling so we should be very careful of the labels we put on people.
    What do you mean excluding marijuana? Listen, you have to get this straight. Marijuana is bad for you and you have a serious addiction.
    Anything that is not self moderated is dangerous from sex to gambling and everything in between. Addiction is a disease you never "loose" you can only take steps to keep it from affecting your life. Abstinance is the only 100% guarantee to controlling addiction and pregnancy. Dependency on any thing that makes you feel good is often a symptom of a deeper problem that has to be dealt with. To not address the root cause defeats the whole purpose in trying not to abuse substances or ones self.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 26, 2006, 06:53 AM
    I am glad you got the answer to your question Brownsugar. And for the record, there is such a thing as recreational use of pot (meaning its not from the need to fill an addiction) just as there is for smoking cigarettes, drinking, gambling, shopping, internetting, drugs etc. While weed is illegal, its up to each person what their moral compass says about stuff like that. We are all adults here. I did not mean to set off such a tangent on addiction asking a few simple questions back there. There isn't enough "evidence" here to suggest to me that Brownsugar is addicted -- there are quite a few criteria that must be met for it to qualify -- any decent professional in the recovery business will substantiate that. All I meant to do was point out what MIGHT BE a slippery slope in some of the thinking I saw Brownsugar exhibiting. That was all... ey carumba? LOL
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 26, 2006, 08:01 AM
    It seems as though when the poster doesn't comeback often enough, we start talking to ourselves. So I apologise if any one took my mini rant personally. No offense intended as I know this is a hot subject to many (ME)
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    It seems as though when the poster doesn't comeback often enough, we start talking to ourselves. So I apologise if any one took my mini rant personally. No offense intended as I know this is a hot subject to many (ME)
    Yeah, me too, and apparently Worthbeads as well. I hate to see misinformation promoted as gospel truth, but have decided he's far enough over the top that anybody who has any actual knowledge will realize how silly it is.

As far as Brownsugar is concerned, I think she's fine, and has probably lost interest in following our rants. Good for her, I say.
    Brownsugar Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 02:23 PM
    UPDATE: I went to the check up 2 days ago, got the results and I'm clean of anything. Perfectly healthy! Thanks to many of your replies I felt better during the waiting days!

Thank you

Dec 6, 2006, 03:07 PM
    You still haven't told us if you're going to quit.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Hello:

I don't know nuttin about pot (or marijahoochie as my friends call it), but I know this much. IF your doctor performed a drug test on you for any number of different reasons, he couldn't tell your mother what the results were. You're an adult. What happens between you and your doctor REMAINS between you and your doctor - even when you're not in Vegas.

excon

PS> Ere, worthbeads, smoke some of this... You'll feel better...
    schofield Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Ok my mother is forcing me to go for a medicals check up cause i havent had one in like years and for some reason she thinks i could have diebeties cause she sees me eating too many sweets (rolls eyes) i know its rediculose but now im freaking out cause i just relized there gonna check my urine, blood, ect.. and... im just wondering if they can see that i have marijuana in my system. I dont smoke it all the time just once in a while last time was like friday nov 17 my check up is on tuesday can find anything if there not looking for it? help anyone who knows cause if they can im just gonna stale untill maybe another month if i can :(

any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
    The only way for them to find out is if the do a tox screen. Witch they don't do unless the use of drugs was brought up. Same with your pee it's not tested unless they have a reason.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 10:36 AM
    UPDATE: i went to the check up 2 days ago, got the results and im clean of anything. Perfectly healthy! Thanks to many of your replies i felt better during the waiting days!

Thankyou
    Hey guys, did you all read the post above? It was dated December 6. So, she has her answers now.:p
    wanger Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

I don't know nuttin about pot (or marijahoochie as my friends call it), but I know this much. IF your doctor performed a drug test on you for any number of different reasons, he couldn't tell your mother what the results were. You're an adult. What happens between you and your doctor REMAINS between you and your doctor - even when you're not in Vegas.

excon

PS> Ere, worthbeads, smoke some of this....... You'll feel better...
    Yea, I know this, but if this person's parent has it done and they are under 16 then the doctor can give them the results, but they have to be looking for it to find it.
    sodaspritz Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jan 10, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Ok my mother is forcing me to go for a medicals check up cause i havent had one in like years and for some reason she thinks i could have diebeties cause she sees me eating too many sweets (rolls eyes) i know its rediculose but now im freaking out cause i just relized there gonna check my urine, blood, ect.. and... im just wondering if they can see that i have marijuana in my system. I dont smoke it all the time just once in a while last time was like friday nov 17 my check up is on tuesday can find anything if there not looking for it? help anyone who knows cause if they can im just gonna stale untill maybe another month if i can :(

any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
    I'm sure they have to be looking for drugs in your blood, if its not something they are looking for I don't think it will come up.
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaspritz
    I'm sure they have to be looking for drugs in your blood, if its not something they are looking for I dont think it will come up.
    I'm sorry. I just have to laugh at this. Drugs can be found in your urine, saliva, hair, fingernails. Not just blood.

Jan 10, 2007, 12:39 PM
    If you are all that worried about it, just don't smoke anymore until after the urine and blood test, but they have to be looking for it to find it and from what you just said, she is looking to see if you are diabetic. I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think they will find out. Like I just said. They have to be looking for it to find it. If you are over 16 years I don't think that the doctor can disclose it to your parents anyway, so if it comes up with the docor and you are over 16 then just simply tell him you don't want your mom to know.

Jan 10, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I'm sorry. I just have to laugh at this. Drugs can be found in your urine, saliva, hair, fingernails. Not just blood.
    This is known by most people, but the most common way to test for it is through the urine. I have heard that law inforcement now has a saliva test that they can use on the spot and it's sup[posed to be very accurate.
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Understand Wanger that this person already had her tests and got the results back. I doubt if we will hear from her again.

Jan 10, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

PS> Ere, worthbeads, smoke some of this....... You'll feel better...
    I think you should stop giving people wrong ideas.
    And stop steaming me up so much I make permanent grammatical errors.

Jan 11, 2007, 05:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    Yes, pot is illegal. Whether smoking it is immoral is a matter of opinion. Personally, I don't think so. It is not lethal. There is a growing body of evidence that it has theraputic value, but there is still room for scientific debate and a need for more research. It is not physically (biochemically) addictive, though excessive use of it would fit within some definitions of addiction. You may believe that it's immoral and unwise, but please don't propogate misinformation.
    Though it is not biochemically addictive, to some it is mentally addictive. I have a friend that was mentally addicted for years and he finally went into rehab and got straighten out. He lost 4 jobs in 2 years because of the random drug screening, but he is straight now and has held down the same job for almost 2 1/2 years. It doesn't affect everyone this way. Some can smoke it and forget it for weeks on end and don't have any problem doing without it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    I think you should stop giving people wrong ideas.
    Hello worth:

Actually, my information is 100% accurate. YOUR ideas are the wrong ones. I'll be happy to discuss it with you anytime. Maybe we should start our own thread. I'll leave it to the moderators.

Let's start with this. Marijuana never killed anybody - not a soul - not ever, and that's a fact. Tobacco kills 450,000 people in this country every year. Who sells tobacco? Your friendly 7/Eleven on the corner. That drug dealer is responsible for more deaths in THIS country than ALL the illegal drugs combined - ALL OF THEM.

What are YOU doing about that? Do you shop at those stores?? I'll bet you do. Why would you do that? They're killers! Did you shop at one of those stores on the same day you told the pot smoker how bad he was?? I'll bet you did.

Tell me the above isn't 100% true.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What members are in the band damn yankees [ 3 Answers ]

Who is the band damn yankees

Medical Marijuana and landlords [ 16 Answers ]

Hello: For what it’s worth, I live in Seattle. I have a prescription for marijuana. In a previous rental, I had a legal medical marijuana garden, and I had a big red sign on the door stating so. While I was away for a weekend, my landlord paid me a visit. He tore down the sign and called the...

Damn You Crabgrass! [ 7 Answers ]

How can I get rid of this grass once its started growing?

God Damn! [ 1 Answers ]

Help my comp won't allow me to start up in safe mode... someone tell me why please and how to fix it!!

Damn , looks like am looking for a job ! [ 3 Answers ]

Damn't Am broke again ,hhhhmmmm , well guyz am looking for any kind of Job , I mean am too broke right now that am accepting any kind of job per now, now matter how much or what kind of work it maybe , I mean am tooo too broke now ,damn :mad:...

View more questions Search