Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wanger Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownsugar
    Ok my mother is forcing me to go for a medicals check up cause i havent had one in like years and for some reason she thinks i could have diebeties cause she sees me eating too many sweets (rolls eyes) i know its rediculose but now im freaking out cause i just relized there gonna check my urine, blood, ect.. and... im just wondering if they can see that i have marijuana in my system. I dont smoke it all the time just once in a while last time was like friday nov 17 my check up is on tuesday can find anything if there not looking for it? help anyone who knows cause if they can im just gonna stale untill maybe another month if i can :(

any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
    Listen to ordinary guy. Diebetes is nothing to mess around with. I am diebetic and diebetes, high cholesterol, and heart disease run hand in hand. I had a heart attack in 2002 and almost died because I ignored my doctor and didn't take care of myself like I should. Go take the test. So what if they find a little pot in your system, but more than likely they won't unless your mom asked them to. Don't worry about it. If they do and she finds out it is not the end of he world.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Nov 22, 2006, 01:11 PM
    "i could have diebeties cause she sees me eating too many sweets (rolls eyes)"-You know-I am truly not trying to be funny, but could it be possible that you just have the munchies from smoking weed?
    Seriously.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 22, 2006, 01:14 PM
    Craving sweets is not always a symptom of diabetes anyway. But I will agree it is a side-effect of dope smoking.
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Nov 22, 2006, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Craving sweets is not always a symptom of diabetes anyway. But I will agree it is a side-effect of dope smoking.

I totally agree with this. Smoke pot-- get hungry! :rolleyes:
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 22, 2006, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    They also say things like "Oh I can quit anytime, I just don't want to" or "An addiction is what my friend is doing....see how much worse xxx is - I am not that bad."
    I agree. The worst rationalization I ever saw was a friend's neighbor. He would pull the rum and coke out at 11:55 in the morning, and proceed to watch the clock -- because, after all, "You're only an alcoholic if you have to drink before noon." :)
    Even if one only smokes periodically, the thought likely surfaces from time to time. To say you don't keep possession of it is hardly a sound argument either, in most ways -- otherwise, why not just leave to them what is theirs, and they are obviously in greater need of. Periodic usage doesn't constitute a strong argument for peer pressure either.
    I used to have many friends who used. They were never comfortable with the fact that I didn't, and when they found company who did, they no longer had much use for me.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 22, 2006, 02:40 PM
    Well, the thing about addiction is that occasional use doesn't necessarily imply addiction since there are recreational users (I've even see cigarette smoking done that way - blew my mind) nor does frequent or heavy use indicate addiction either since there are heavy users who are still not addicted. The hitch here is that there are addicts who occasionally use -- I know because I was one of them. As Tal so aptly pointed to, while I could stop for a time, I could not stay stopped even in the face of harm happening and therein lies one of the main differences: the non-addict will modify their behavior to stop the harm and the addict will modify their definition of harm to continue the behavior, as amazing as that is.

Which is why I asked Brownsugar those questions, and in all sincerity too.

Nov 22, 2006, 02:55 PM
    I agree. Though I think the two do as well, sometimes tend to blend over time -- something of a slippery slope, so to speak. I spent twelve years addicted to cigarettes, and they nearly killed me before I quit.
    At first, I only smoked during school hours, never having one at home. Then it was only at school and while at friends' houses. Pretty soon I was a full-time smoker.
    I was able to quit for a month or two at times, long enough to generally stop craving them. And yet, when things got stressful, I would start again.
    A few years after quitting, while in college, I would often ask for someone for one between classes. Soon, I had gone from one or two, to five or more a day. I hadn't quite resumed the habit, but I was dangerously close.
    A while back I was asked to light a cigarette for someone. I was surprised that, though unnecessary, without even thinking about it, I inhaled. Though we may or may not be addicted, and though we may recover or quit, I think there are always some traces within our mindstreams, however unconscious.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Nov 22, 2006, 03:02 PM
    It doesn't matter if you only smoke a little bit, you still are doing something illegal and immoral. You have an addiction to a lethal drug. This is not okay. If you die tomorrow, What would your mother think?
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 22, 2006, 03:50 PM
    Ok a real reason to roll your eyes... mama can go to the drug store (Wal-greens)and get a drug test... it has a happy man on the box...
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2006, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    It doesn't matter if you only smoke a little bit, you still are doing something illegal and immoral. You have an addiction to a lethal drug. This is not okay. If you die tomorrow, What would your mother think?
    Yes, pot is illegal. Whether smoking it is immoral is a matter of opinion. Personally, I don't think so. It is not lethal. There is a growing body of evidence that it has theraputic value, but there is still room for scientific debate and a need for more research. It is not physically (biochemically) addictive, though excessive use of it would fit within some definitions of addiction. You may believe that it's immoral and unwise, but please don't propagate misinformation.

Nov 22, 2006, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    Yes, pot is illegal. Whether smoking it is immoral is a matter of opinion. Personally, I don't think so. It is not lethal.
    Not yet... :) Give the Republicans a little more time:

http://www.self-gov.org/good/a0029.html

Many countries in the world already have such absurd laws, and more. I don't have any real opinion on marijuana either way, but the government sure does apparently. :)
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2006, 12:26 PM
    "worthbeads disagrees: Drugs such as these trigger impulses in the brain, making it think it does not need to make anymore of these impulses. Tjis damage to the brain can cause serious depression"

Are you speaking of marijuana specifically, all illegal drugs, or all psychoactive drugs legal and illegal? Psychoactive drugs act on many different biochemical pathways and have widely varying effects. Because the truth is so diverse and complex, generalizations such as this are always wrong to some degree. With regard to marijuana specifically, there is no evidence that it causes depression. Other psychoactive drugs have been found effective in treating depression in some people.

I have no quarrel with your right to form moral judgments about the use of psychoactive drugs, legal or illegal, but I do have a problem with your misrepresentation of the facts.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 23, 2006, 01:25 PM
    Personally what I do in the privacy of my home is my business, and the government is not welcome and as far as morality, keep yours at your house, and I'll do the same. Still wondering how alcohol, a known depressant, and killer of more people than all the drugs combined is sold throughout the world legally. Go figure.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2006, 01:30 AM
    Tal I couldn't have said it better myself.
    The only reason why society don't look at alcohol the way they look at drugs, is because drugs are illegal while alcohol isn't, so society look at it differently. Its Legal! In a way that there's nothing so bad about it.
    While I believe, before people starting smoking pot etc, what is the first thing they usually try... Alcohol and as you said it's a killer, when not done in moderation, like every other drug!

Nov 24, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Just to put everyone straight, here are the facts.

http://www.theantidrug.com/drug_info...-marijuana.asp

http://www.innerbody.com/text/drug17.html

http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm
    Expert

Nov 24, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Just to put everyone straight, here are the facts.
    Okay drugs are bad, and the worst one is alcohol which you choose not to comment on, and its legal and the deadliest of the bunch. What hypocrisy! Save me the moral stance its all BS!

Nov 24, 2006, 08:24 AM
    I couldn't agree more with you. But this is a post about marijuana addictions, and this information is for people to look at so they have a better understanding of marijuana.
    Expert

Nov 24, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Correction, if I may, but this thread is about testing for marijuana, not addiction. Specifically the question was about getting a check-up, and could the marijuana in her system be detected. It was everyone else who came up with the addiction angle and then the thread evolved from there so, not having seen the poster in a while it sort of took a life of its own and until some body says enough is enough we can just let it all hang out. I thought everyone was use to my rants by now, sorry! (til next time, hehehehe!)

Nov 24, 2006, 09:06 AM
    Yes, you are right. My mistake.
    Expert

Nov 24, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    Yes, you are right. My mistake.
    I was leaving the door open for you to run your rant, as nobody makes mistakes cause we are pretty close to perfect, but I take it your not one of those opinionated ranters like most of us. ( You have to excuse me, as I'm in one of those holiday moods and it may get worse, and not be over 'til the middle of January.) I could head for the lounge, that's where the really crazy people hang out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What members are in the band damn yankees [ 3 Answers ]

Who is the band damn yankees

Medical Marijuana and landlords [ 16 Answers ]

Hello: For what it’s worth, I live in Seattle. I have a prescription for marijuana. In a previous rental, I had a legal medical marijuana garden, and I had a big red sign on the door stating so. While I was away for a weekend, my landlord paid me a visit. He tore down the sign and called the...

Damn You Crabgrass! [ 7 Answers ]

How can I get rid of this grass once its started growing?

God Damn! [ 1 Answers ]

Help my comp won't allow me to start up in safe mode... someone tell me why please and how to fix it!!

Damn , looks like am looking for a job ! [ 3 Answers ]

Damn't Am broke again ,hhhhmmmm , well guyz am looking for any kind of Job , I mean am too broke right now that am accepting any kind of job per now, now matter how much or what kind of work it maybe , I mean am tooo too broke now ,damn :mad:...

View more questions Search