Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wildlilly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 02:18 PM
    How do I make my shower hotter
    My shower/tub take a few minutes to get warm, then we run out of hot water very soon after. I can not make he water hotter, why. It is much hotter everywhere else in the house, even sink next to itgets hotter. In the summer it is not as bad, I think because the water coming into the house is warmer and does not take as long to heat. I have been told it is something to do with mixer in the system. I have a hot water heating system that is only 4 yrs old.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 04:00 PM

You need to access the thermostat and make the water hotter that way. In my home the second bathroom is so far away from the hot water heater that only until I raised the temperature of the hot water heater about 10 degrees the hot water was not very hot in that shower. Now since raising the temp I have no complaints from my son who uses that bathroom shower about not enough hot water.

When you do raise the temp of the water you must remember to warn everyone in the household that the hot water will be much, much hotter and for them not to scald themselves when using the other bathroom and sinks.
    matt4aya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 04:26 AM
    That's the beauty of it though, not telling them
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2012, 05:19 AM
    If you run out quickly it could be a bad element if it is electric, a thermostat that is set too low or a broken dip tube.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does 1 bathroom water run hotter than the other [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 bathrooms both on first floor, in one shower the water runs cooler than the other can you tell me why this happens? Thanks for the input

New thermostat - house is so much hotter [ 4 Answers ]

I have lived in my condo for about 3 years now, when my wife and I moved in we had a standard (older model) thermostat, the just small rectanular one with the little livers in the bottom you just clicked left or right for heat or air and left or right to turn on or off. After the first summer we...

Dryer gets louder the hotter is gets. [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore dryer stopped working. Figured out it was a bad motor. Installed a new motor and the dryer works great if set to just air dry. However, if you select a heat setting, the dryer becomes louder and louder the hotter it gets. Eventually its about as loud as a leaf blower, but with a...

Can't make my wife understand . When it gets hotter outside [ 12 Answers ]

Can't make my wife understand... when it gets hotter outside, We have to raise the thermostat inside. Is there a normal/average range difference from outside to inside ? Say if it's 90 deg outside... inside should be 78 deg... or diff of 12 deg. Thanks

What is hotter, the boiling water or the steam? [ 7 Answers ]

What is hotter, the boiling water or the steam?

View more questions Search