Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andriean Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 01:46 PM
    Can't Connect to Internet with IE
    I can't connect to the internet with internet explorer, but I can connect with Firefox. What is the problem?
    MrErnest Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 02:22 PM

There is a bug installing service pack 3 the fix is available here
    Download details: Update for Windows XP (KB953979)

Feb 7, 2010, 10:14 AM
    I have service pack 2.
    Jessica-chen Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2010, 08:43 PM

It sounds like your firewall is blocking them.

Go into program control and check that out.
    Jessica-chen Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2010, 08:44 PM
    Or, try this. Open IE and click on tools > internet options
    Then click on the connections tab > LAN settings...

Make sure the "automatically detect" setting is checked...
    Now make sure there is no proxy server address in the proxy box, and that the use proxy server is not checked, and that the bypass local addresses is not checked.

Feb 10, 2010, 11:52 AM

That did the trick. I checked off the automatically detect settings tab under automatic configuration, and unchecked use a proxy server for your LAN under proxy server.

TYVM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't connect to the internet [ 1 Answers ]

My computer can no longer connect to the internet. I have windows xp. My cable company says nothing is wrong on their end nor with my computer. Can the connection be established again?

Connect to internet [ 5 Answers ]

My computer will not connect to the internet . I have a wireless linksys router The computer with wireless adapter work and can go on the internet . But this Computer is connect to the router by ethernet cable and the light come on in the Socket where the cable is connected , I am...

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet [ 5 Answers ]

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet. I know that the connection is fine as Firefox works. I have cable broadband through a wireless connection. When I try to use Explorer it comes up with Internet explorer annot display the webpage. I have tried to look at other threads but can't seem...

Cannot connect to internet! [ 1 Answers ]

I just found this website and it looks very reliable! So I am hoping for the best! :) We have bought a Netgear Rangemax Next Wireless-N Router that we bought to connect all of our computers together. We have one desktop and two laptops. Our desktop and one laptop connect fine, but the Dell...

Can't connect to Internet [ 4 Answers ]

I am connecting to my wireless internet, but when I try to connect to the internet it says, "cannot find server." When I try to repair my wireless connection, it stops and says it can't be repaired because it cannot renew my ip address to talk to the person that manages my network. I don't know...

View more questions Search