Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magnus1136 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 01:42 PM
    13year old who is bored and need something to do
    Hello all!
    Maybe some of you remember me for asking about hobbies? :cool:
    But anyway. Now I have a new problem, which is that I very often gets VERY bored, and it really annoys me that I can't find anything nice to do.
    Its often at night too, so what I am asking for is:

1. something I could do at all times, preferably inside.
    2. something that I could do for a while without getting too tired from it.

I ask some hard questions, I know:D
    My interest's are something like science, aquariums and fish, cooking, but also some kind of different art could be a nice thing, even though I am SO bad at drawing that you wouldn't believe it. Of course suggestions that doesn't relate to those things are VERY welcome too:D by the way I'm thirteen, and comes from Denmark, live in a small town so its kind of hard to go do sports.
    Also I thought about getting a job, which would take away a bit of time, which also means that I maybe would be more busy. I'm just a bit shy, so I'm having a hard time asking for a job. I've been offered one, at my neighbours farm, but working with pigs isn't the type of job for me.
    I thought a bit about asking for a job at the local general store.
    Do you think I should do that?

I'm really hoping you can help me, cause that's a hard question I think:D
    HamAtom Posts: 20, Reputation: 7

Jan 22, 2010, 10:29 PM

Hey, magnus.

So... I've been thirteen. And I've been bored. Heh, so I can relate. ^^

In any case, I have an idea. You might hate it, but I'll throw it out there anyway, 'cause it meets all your criteria. Have you thought about getting into writing stories? It's something you can do pretty much anywhere (except maybe in the car--but that's only if you get carsick... ), and it's a pretty sweet way to pass the time. And it's not as hard as some people make it out to be, either. Just try writing something you figure you'd like to read. Or, if you're not that into reading, just write something you'd want to watch on TV.

And if you don't know where to get started with making up characters and stuff, try taking the characters from your favorite movies or TV shows or whatever and playing around with them. In fact, there are websites where you can post your stories for other people to read. Like fanfiction.net or fictionpress.com. Then people review your stuff, you get pointers to help you get better, and you get to 'meet' new people. It's the sweetness.

Then, even when you're bored somewhere and without a pen and paper, your imagination kind of gets conditioned to just make up stories and think "what if...?" all the time. The more you beef up your imagination the harder it'll be to stay bored. Keeps things interesting. Kind of like watching TV in your head. Except you get to decide what happens. :)

Barring that, though, a job at a general store could be fun. All depends on the people you work with.

Hope you find something you love! If you have any questions about how to get started in writing, I'd certainly do my best to answer 'em.

Oh, and my other suggestion: hand puppets. Everybody likes a good hand puppet performance. Heh... um... just kidding. ;)

Blessings!
    Hammy
    magnus1136 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 02:43 AM

Thank you so much, and I might try that. I'm just not very good at making things up, but I could practice that:D I think ill try that:D
    HamAtom Posts: 20, Reputation: 7

Jan 23, 2010, 07:51 AM

Nice! :D Glad I could help. Enjoy!
    AlwysConfezzled Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 01:29 PM

If you need another idea, you can try building models (Like air planes, tanks, cars, etc.)

My dad started that around 13 and really enjoyes it into his 50s.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to not be bored? [ 5 Answers ]

See Im in sixth grade<going into 6th grade>and school is so boring the teachers always teach us stuff we already know and I'd rather do it myself! Im in gifted services and I know things ahead of time!! :( :( :confused:

Am I being TOO Available or are we just Bored? [ 16 Answers ]

I've heard countless of times that being too available can be a problem. I have been recently laid off, and my girlfriend calls me like 5 times a day when she's at work, to say hello, and just talk. Then when she gets off work in the evening at around 7pm, I go over there, chill, we watch TV, and...

What about being bored? [ 12 Answers ]

I wrote like two things on my 5 year old already... spiritually, he speaks of the bible, God, Christ on a daily... he has been doing this since age 2. He has a keen sense of observation, and memory. Recently, he came to us to tell us he is "bored" in his kindergarten class and that his one...

My boyfriend is bored [ 4 Answers ]

I am 5 years older then my boyfriend he's only 21 but already is bored with sex we have tried just about everything he use to want it all the time but now doesn't what could be wrong

Bored [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16, 153 pounds and I'm like 5'9. I want to loose weight because it would make me feel better. I have a pretty good workout schedule. I run, strength train, and swim. Sometimes I do a kickboxing dvd. BUT I need another alternative. I like to workout in my own space when people aren't watching...

View more questions Search