Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankesbec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 10:44 AM
    My son will be 3 yrs next month, does not speak clearly and while is age mates do,
    My son will be 3 yrs next month, does not speak clearly and while is age mates do. What is the reason for Dr. ASK ME
    Lee-AnneLe5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2010, 06:11 PM
    Don't worry too much about it. Work on articulation when you can but don't push too hard. Most children have trouble with certain letter sounds. I am not sure if your son was bottle feed or had a soother but my son had both. When children drink from a bottle they stick their tongue out to drink. This caused a gap between my sons upper and lower teeth. He learned to speak with this gap so has some trouble with letter sounds. His gap gets smaller and smaller all the time... therefore making it easier for him to make these sounds. This could be part of the problem for your son as well.

All the best,
    Lee-Anne
    http://lessonsfromweeones.blogspot.com
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2010, 12:59 PM

I'm not a doctor.

I suggest you read to him and encourage him to make the sounds from the book,example the cow says 'moo'..

Ask him questions about the story.

Children's programmes are a good way for children to also develop word sounds,example, singing songs.

Repetition is the key.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 28 month old won't speak much! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am starting to get extremely concerned for my daughter. She is the younger of two kids. My son is 13 yrs old and I was a single mother with him, so he developed right along with every other kid at daycare. My daughter is now 2 1/2 - she has not been exposed to ANY other children ever. She...

The age of father is twice the square of the age of his son. [ 1 Answers ]

The age of father is twice the square of the age of his son. Eight years hence, the age of the father will be 4 years more than three times the age of the son. Find present ages?

Child 17 yrs of age in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

What is a parents legal rights to a teenager wanting to stay in FLA while I move back to my home state? My teenage daughter wants to live on her own but does not want to emancipate herself due to the fact she will lose her fathers health insurance coverage. I am leaving to move back home next...

My almost 20 month old doesn't speak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a little boy, 20 months on the 1/11/07. He has not met a number of his milestones yet. He doesn't speak although he does babble and sing. He's interactive, affectionate and happy. But he doesn't seem to understand concepts or what I'm trying to teach him. I have tried to teach him the names...

My 27 month old son can't speak yet [ 16 Answers ]

My son is 27 months old and can’t speak. The only time he can speak is when I point a picture on a book, and there is only 10 to 20 things that he can say, barely clearly though, mostly easy words like “mama, dada, car, ball, duck…. He is good in better in other areas like motor skills, and walking...

View more questions Search