Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    00dude Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 10:29 AM
    My ex is with someone else but I cant move on
    Threads merged.
    Please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread.

My ex broke up with me over three months ago after she had gone to uni for two weeks, she said that she was going to get busier and busier and have less time for me which is understandable, the thing is she is only half an hour away because she has a young son that stays with her parents and the plan was to come back every weekend to see him and when we talked about it she said her being so close would mean that its not a problem for us and I can go through and see her during week and see me when she is back at weekends. I got confused by this then after a month of breaking up she contacted me through msn( I deleted everything so that I couldn't get hold of her because I didn't want to say or do anything silly thought I would give her her space because of the reason we broke up) and after a bit of small talk said that she misses her son because she I staying there all weekend which confused me because she couldn't be away from him for one night when we we together. Then recently I found out she is in a relationship with a guy from her halls ad that tis could have been going on for some time. I'm stuck with questions like why after a year together there is going to be no time for me but there is with a new guy, and I want to move on but I think about her ever minute of every day, we had a good relationship why was I so easy to toss aside?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 10:53 AM
    Sorry for your pain.
    I don't think you'll ever get any answers to your questions though.

Sometimes people's feelings just change.

You do need to start moving on and get your life back again.

Keep busy and do things you enjoy.
    Go out and meet new people -dont stay at home overthinking the past.

Take care.

Jan 22, 2010, 12:05 PM
    Can I get back wit my ex?
    Is there any chance I can get back with my ex after we have been broken up over three months? We were together a year and hd agood relationship never argued enjoyed each others company etc but she dumped me out of the blue hardly spoke to her since and she told me the reason why was because she wasn't going to have time for me, I'm still hurting after all this time because everythin seemed fine we were good together so I think it was worht the effort I don't know how to go about it? Is it still worth me trying after so long?

In need of help please, thanks
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 12:13 PM

Her reason for breaking up with you may still seem valid to her so the only way you will know if things have changed is if you ask.
    Send her an e-mail and be casual,just asking how she is doing and see if she responds,then go from there.

I would not bring up the past or anything controversial at first ,take it slow and see where it goes.
    HighSchoolGirly Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 12:14 PM

It's not worth it. Don't chase her. If she doesn't want you then forget about her. I know it's hard because I just went through the same situation. My ex and I were together for two and a half years and everything was perfect and last week he pretty much broke up with me for something that we could have easily fixed. He wanted to take a "break" and I guess he liked being single better than he liked a relationship with me. So it's over. I know how hard it is trust me, but we have to think of it as if they don't want us, well then they don't deserve us. It took me a lot of tears to actually even consider forgetting about it and moving on.
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 12:16 PM
    She probably broke up with you because her feelings changed and hard and painful as it is you need to start getting over her.

Get busy and do things rather than sitting at home thinking about the past.

Healing take time and patience but you'll get there.

Leave the past in the past and move forward.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 12:18 PM

If it didn't work the first time, I doubt it's going to the second time. The whole, not having time for you, speech doesn't stand with me. There had to be more things going on. That just doesn't sit right with me. Just leave it alone, cut all contact with her
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 12:36 PM
    Sounds like you really loved her and were hurt really bad. I wouldn't contact her at all unless you're up for a replay of what went on 3 months ago. She broke up with you and it is over.

Stop telling yourself that she’s “the only one”, that you're madly in love her, how terribly miserable you are without her, how wrong/sad/unfair it is that you can't be together, how you'll never get over her, and so on. By obsessing on those phrases and others like them, you're making yourself even more miserable. As long as you keep telling yourself you won't get over her, you will be trapped.

Give it a little more time, but if you can’t get over her on your own, you might consider talking to a counselor.

--------------------------

I think it is time I let you go, and that is so hard to do because some part of me will be in love with you for the rest of my life, but the daydreaming, the running in place .. it's not healthy. So this is me, cutting the cord. This is me, doing what I should have done eight months ago ... saying goodbye. Dawsons Creek

Jan 22, 2010, 01:09 PM

I have tried getting over her but it feels like I'm going round in circles, I what to think that knowing I did my best for her then she doesn't deserve my effort but I miss everything abou her
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 01:25 PM
    Then you need to find something to break that circle.
    Be it a new hobby,new friends etc.

You can't stay stuck mourning your relationship forever.

How do you spend your days-work,school?
    Talk to people and find something else to think about.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 03:19 PM

It takes time to get over someone. This time is best spent hanging out with your buddies and having fun!

Jan 22, 2010, 04:49 PM

I think abou her all day at work its crap it affects everything I do, all I want to do is stay at home away from everything bu iknow it not healthy so I try get out and do things all the time went to prague other weekend last minute and had a great time but I can't do things like hat al the time with work etc
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 10:11 PM
    Prague's a lovely city and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    You need to keep doing things and being around people.
    Go visit other places,even if it's not abroad.
    Have you got friends to talk to? Family?

Jan 23, 2010, 03:38 AM

Yeah I do but its been so long that they don't really want to hear it anymore, I put everything into the relationship how am I supposed to move on when my best is never good enough
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 03:49 AM
    I think you should stop blaming yourself for the breakup-its never just the fault of one person when a relationship breaks down.

Nobody is perfect-we are all human and we all go through relationship failures and we all get over it-it takes time and patience.

Jan 23, 2010, 03:53 AM

I can't help but blame myself because I never wanted to lose her I don't know how people can move on so quickly wish I could
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 04:08 AM
    You start moving on when you make your mind up that enough is enough.
    And then you move on by keeping busy and finding things to do.

Get out in the fresh air-go for walks-go to the gym-whatever exercise you prefer.

Jan 23, 2010, 04:31 AM

I already know enough is enough but you can't control what goes on in your mind
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 04:45 AM
    You can find other things to think about.
    I don't know how old you are-guessing early twenties-and once you get over this you'll find somebody else.

We all do.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2010, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicon View Post
    You can find other things to think about.
    I dont know how old you are-guessing early twenties-and once you get over this you'll find somebody else.

We all do.
    Can't rep you on this thread yet but I will.
    Good job... nice connection :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my 2 yr. Old son, her brother,& I or anyone asked to move ,in be forced to move [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriends sister asked myself,my 2 yr. old and her brother to move in with her because she was divorcing her husband & was afraid to stay there alone. Her husband broke in the house by smashing the glass on the inside kitchen door, the police were called and she went to court for an order of...

I can't move my left eye ball completely as I can move right so it looks bad [ 1 Answers ]

Doctor says musscle problem do u sugggest me... becose I'm actor

Want to move out of Texas with my children have not been served any papers can I move [ 2 Answers ]

Want to move out of Texas with my children have not been served any papers can I move

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search